Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Selphy printers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Canon Selphy printers Reply with quote

Attila says this sub-forum is empty so i thought i'd post something Smile

I recently got the Canon Selphy CP740, and although printing is a bit more expensive than ordering to labs (it's about 0.30€ per photo), you have the convenience of printing at home. The quality of the photos is very good (no dots as in inkjet printers - the selphy is a sublimation printer that can produce 16 million colors without dithering). It can print photos up to 10x15 cm and some smaller formats, as well as a panoramic format which is wider than 10x15. The printer is really small and portable (some selphy models also have an optional external battery so you don't need plugs to print). It also supports almost every way of transferring your photos (direct printing from the camera, reader for lots of cards, usb for the computer...).

My printer, with some photos (click to enlarge):

Review in dpreview

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you for idea!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a selphy 400. It's a kind of hate/love. I love it, because you are able to make the neighbours, grandparents and whatsoever immediately happy with shots of their kids. The backsides are printed as postcards, so you can send them to the far away living aunt.
But I hate it because after 2 years I'm still not able to produce realistic colors. I haven't calibrated equipement, but the results I see on my screen are the same that I produce with the high end printer at work. Whereas the people on the pictures I print with the selphy are always looking sick. And I've wasted tons of the expensive raw material for tests with different settings. I even found a icc-profile in the net - nothing changes.

So I use it to make others happy - and not for myself Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing