Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RARE: Takumar 100mm F3.5 - one of 129 made.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: RARE: Takumar 100mm F3.5 - one of 129 made. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I've decided to sell one of my prized lenses as I need the money more right now haha. It is a rather rare Takumar 100mm F3.5 M42 mount. One of only around 129 made from what ive found and only in 1957. Never available for sale officially, only preproduction.

Condition is excellent. Body shows no signs of use. Glass is clear, no damage at all.
Comes with original case(not in great shape), and original lens caps.

Open to offers, as its hard to value something like this. Though the few I've found for sale have sold for between $700usd in 2010, to $1200usd more recently.

Last edited by Kawana87 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are Gerjan you need to attribute that whole page from a copyrighted book! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found that on another forum post about this lens, I have no idea where its from.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Mr. Ryohei Suzuki's M37 mount lens, in a M42 mount. Is this correct Kawana87 ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
It looks like Mr. Ryohei Suzuki's M37 mount lens, in a M42 mount. Is this correct Kawana87 ?

I'll double check when I'm home, but I was sure I've tested it in my M42 adaptor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawana87 wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

I'll double check when I'm home, but I was sure I've tested it in my M42 adaptor.

I could have written that better. I wasn't querying if your lens was M37. I was asking if it was a M42 mounted version of the M37 100 3.5 triplet, which was a production lens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawana87 wrote:
I just found that on another forum post about this lens, I have no idea where its from.

Another forum post is reference enough...refer to that. Then the other site is at fault for not specifying source, not mflenses.com, which is subject to Germany copyright laws...

The page is from the book Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide, 1952-1977, by Gerjan von Oosten, https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Asahi-Pentax-Screw-Mount/dp/907653702X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Kawana87 wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

I could have written that better. I wasn't querying if your lens was M37. I was asking if it was a M42 mounted version of the M37 100 3.5 triplet, which was a production lens.

Oh I see. Googling that lens I cant say whether it is the same internally, but the body looks very different. I couldn't tell you the differences though, I just know mine was never put into production. As far as I'm aware, the few that exist were used in magazines etc, but never officially sold.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Takumar-100mm-F3.5.html

There I see your lens and one other example. A dream lens for some collectors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Kawana87 wrote:

Another forum post is reference enough...refer to that. Then the other site is at fault for not specifying source, not mflenses.com, which is subject to Germany copyright laws...

The page is from the book Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide, 1952-1977, by Gerjan von Oosten, https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Asahi-Pentax-Screw-Mount/dp/907653702X

I just removed the photo to be safe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawana87 wrote:

Oh I see. Googling that lens I cant say whether it is the same internally, but the body looks very different. I couldn't tell you the differences though, I just know mine was never put into production. As far as I'm aware, the few that exist were used in magazines etc, but never officially sold.

Thanks. It does look different doesn't it. It's just that the Pentax Forum refer to it as the same lens in a different mount -

"Description: The Takumar 100mm F3.5 short telephoto lens was available for the first Asahi Pentax SLR, the Asahiflex, and was reissued with the M42 mount for the Asahi Pentax 'AP'."

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Takumar-100mm-F3.5.html

Perhaps they need to amend their wording.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you don't have permission to sell yet, it needs 200 postings...

I hav to pull it off....soon