Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon powershot G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Canon powershot G1 Reply with quote

Just got myself a powershot G1 in pretty good condition for a fairly excellent price, so far quite like it and piccies taken with it seem to be very good as well.
Anyone got any good or bad comments to make about this little camera?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon powershot G1 Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Just got myself a powershot G1 in pretty good condition for a fairly excellent price, so far quite like it and piccies taken with it seem to be very good as well.
Anyone got any good or bad comments to make about this little camera?
Thanks

It is from year 2000, so the first word that comes to my mind is "obsolete".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stepping past Anu and pushing his face in* Trev, I'm a big fan of the
Powershot G's and back in the day had three of the G1s. They improved
greatly the color out of these since the G1, which I recommend to just
convert to BW or use as an IR camera. The G1 was very well made with
all-metal body and the fold out LCD was one of the first.

I think you'll have a lot of fun with it! 'Kleptography' is a guy that
really got great results from the G1 and G2, but he used a special RAW
converter that doesn't come to mind, but Orio likes this converter as well,
or at least did at one time. Wink Anyhoo, using that particular RAW converter improves colors immensely in the G1.

Here's Don Ellis' site:
http://kleptography.com/

HTH.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having played with the camera a bit more I think that the BW's are pretty good straight off the cf card
I aware aware that the G1 is "old skool" without a lot of pixels but imho I dont think that is necessarily a bad thing as I am a great fan of the KISS principal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
I only bought it as it was pretty cheap and I have heard of good things with the G series so I'm looking at this G1 as a percuser to better ones, for better, read later models!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always think if the price is right for an older camera go for it! Have fun with it and don't forget to post up some pictures when you have them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anu doesn't like the G1 as it's not good for shooting tree rats.
Cool Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've tried loading a few piccies here but can i get them to load? Can I hell!!
What should I do then?