Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon OM 50mm f/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Canon OM 50mm f/1.9 Reply with quote

I mentioned this lens in another thread and I think it probably deserves a bit more of the limelight! The Canon OM 50mm f/1.9 uses a Modified version of the EXA mount initially used with a early Mamiya SLR. This Canon lens was the "premium" standard lens. The sample shots were taken with an A7 II. Interestingly, the adapter shown does not quite lock on to the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see more!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I'd like to see more!

+1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Is it rare?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I'd like to see more!

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, here's a shot of my new baby taken with the Canon OM lens at f/8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Nice find! Is it rare?

Yes it is!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one, and never seen another one for sale so wish I'd kept the one I had!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I had one, and never seen another one for sale so wish I'd kept the one I had!

you find it with prismat body on ebay. like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mamiya-Prismat-NP-very-rare-with-uncommon-Canon-Lens-OM-1-9-50mm/162844625777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itsfozzy, me too I am curious to see more pictures from the lens, please. Today an auction is ended at British ebay quite low, less than 30 pounds for a camera with the lens. I see another BIN for much less than almost 700 dollars from the previous link. So, it might be an option to test a rare lens. I wonder how it performs for portraits, landscape and street candid shots. What you posted from the plant life, the lens shows itself not very sharp and renders similarly to Soviet Helios, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
Add a space between pictures please.