Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon nFD 70 150 wobbling
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Canon nFD 70 150 wobbling Reply with quote

I have three of these lenses now. One is fungused, the other has a tilted focus plane and the last one is perfect, except the connection between the external and internal barrels is wobbling.

I can manage obtaining perfect pics with the wobbling lens pushing the barrel towards the lens mount but I would be happy to solve the issue. Did anyone disassembled this lens before and does the connection between these pieces results from some kind of loose screws or is it glued.

Disassembling FD mounts is for me a nightmare and ends up in the bin more often than not. Gluing would be my preferred route because I would not disassemble the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with servicing FD lenses, let alone this specific one.

In general, if the wobbling is due to a loose screw, then fixing the wobbling with glue will likely leave a loose screw. If unfortunate, this screw can come out completely and jam some part of the mechanism.

If you REALLY like this lens I would suggest you try and find a service manual for it, even for a small amount of money (which may be easier said than done.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
I have no experience with servicing FD lenses, let alone this specific one.

In general, if the wobbling is due to a loose screw, then fixing the wobbling with glue will likely leave a loose screw. If unfortunate, this screw can come out completely and jam some part of the mechanism.

If you REALLY like this lens I would suggest you try and find a service manual for it, even for a small amount of money (which may be easier said than done.)

Thank you for chiming in. The loose screws problem is to be considered, if there are loose screws of course. For sure glue is the lazy way of trying to solve the problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laziness prevailed. The dire decision of gluing this lens has been executed. So far so good.