Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon nFD 7.5 f5.6 diafragm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Canon nFD 7.5 f5.6 diafragm? Reply with quote

Hi, i just got this lens and it has a weird -WEIRD- diafragm. It's like it's always closed but works when i switch it from 5.6-8-11-16-22. I feel the clicks too.

Is that normal? Will my baby be ok??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a rotating set of Waterhouse stops? My 12mm fisheye is built this way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, it's the first time i've heard of the term. I'm checking in wikipedia, but there's no such thing. It's like the diafragm is in f8 all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterhouse_stop

Basically, it is a hole drilled in a piece of metal, or in the case of the rotating type, a series of different size holes. You can then rotate the desired hole into place. Instead of an adjustable iris diaphragm, you just pick the desired size on the wheel. When you are between sizes, the view will go black, as the light path through the lens is blocked.