Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 58mm F1.2 -converted to EOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on http://oldlenses.blogspot.com/2012/05/canon-fl-58mm-f12-some-notes.html
someone said "you have to shave the focus heilicoil and on full frame the question is how much do you shave?
i do not think it is possible to achieve infinity focus with a full frame without having mirror collision.
my converted fl 58mm 1.2 will focus to about 16/20 feet.
i could shave more heilcoil, but how much more?
7mm sounds right, but what i need to know is how many mm past the ef mount will mirror collision happen?
a few tricks that are easy, 1, move the spacer washer that is placed for fl infinity focus."

7mm sounds strange for me if the difference in the Flange Focus Distance is about 2mm? and what is this spacer washer to be moved I do not understand.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
You can also manually confirm the back-focus/registration distance (project an image onto a wall)
Place a lamp 2-3m away from a wall, set the lens to 2-3m, get the lamp in focus, and measure to the wall from an easily measurable point on the lens, then figure out from that point where the mount flange is and subtract the difference. you should be close to 42mm.
Note: The FL/FD mount flange is buried in the lens mount.

Hi Lightshow, I measured the Flange Focus distance as you suggested, is 42mm as expected.
I removed the front optics, this group has never been disassembled, i saw a unbroken seal (similar to that seen on the rear optics) between the retaining ring and the optics.
So the lens seem ok.
I think there is no room to move back the optics without drastically modify it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Work, Is there a link to where this EF mount can be purchased to convert The FL 58mm F1.2 I have?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Harrington wrote:
Nice Work, Is there a link to where this EF mount can be purchased to convert The FL 58mm F1.2 I have?

Welcome.

It appears the topic starter hasn't been active here recently, but you could try asking him via private message or by the email address listed in his profile.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH Patrick that looks like a diy job judging from the pics earlier in the thread.
The only people I know of who do a pro job FD to EOS are the Lens Doctor:

http://www.thelensdoctor.co.uk/page11.html