Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 35mm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Canon FL 35mm f2.5 Reply with quote

Canon FL 35mm f2.5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this one contain a Thorium element ? I refrained from buying one because I thought it had one, afraid of getting a "yellow" one. (yes, I know ...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Does this one contain a Thorium element ? I refrained from buying one because I thought it had one, afraid of getting a "yellow" one. (yes, I know ...)

Not that I know of, mine certainly isn't yellowed at all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I may get me one for my A6000 Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned an FL 35/2.5 for over 30 years and its shown no signs of yellowing. It has a very characteristic blue coating to its front elements that predominates. The FL 35/2.5 is one of my all-time favorite 35mm lenses. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I've owned an FL 35/2.5 for over 30 years and its shown no signs of yellowing. It has a very characteristic blue coating to its front elements that predominates. The FL 35/2.5 is one of my all-time favorite 35mm lenses. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for the additional info ... Do you think it is worth a €80 ? (aka roughly $85) I already have a trimmed adapter 'cos I have the FL 50mm f1.8 that came with my Canon SLR, now almost 50 years ago Wink
(I can get one for €40 but that seems to be in a less "mint" condition ...) Idea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind it's definitely worth 85 USD. Go for it, you won't regret it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes with the hood as shown and is in close to mint condition, then I'd say that, yes,, $85 is a good price. But that's close to the top of its price range. The last one I bought, I bought a couple years ago and picked it up from eBay for about $40. No hood, though but it did come with the metal front cap. This one is in Exc+ condition, I'd say.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ... The lens hood may not be a big issue because I have the lens hood of my old FL 50mm f1.8 that came with my Ft-QL SLR way back in pre-historic times Laughing
It looks exactly identical to the one in the top picture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Thanks guys ... The lens hood may not be a big issue because I have the lens hood of my old FL 50mm f1.8 that came with my Ft-QL SLR way back in pre-historic times Laughing
It looks exactly identical to the one in the top picture.

Have you bought one yet?
T

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually I didn't .. The reason is that I found a Super-Takumar 35mm f3.5 at half the price of the Canon and that lens has an amazing quality Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Well, actually I didn't .. The reason is that I found a Super-Takumar 35mm f3.5 at half the price of the Canon and that lens has an amazing quality Wink

Good for you.
You will like it for sure, and so well made.
Like 1 small
T