Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 135mm 3.5 repair help needed (pics!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Canon FL 135mm 3.5 repair help needed (pics!) Reply with quote

I got this old but decent Canon FL 135mm 3.5 almost for free because it was broken. Challenge accepted!

A borrowed picture of such a lens in better condition:

More info about this lens (scroll down): http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fllenses

Enfin, it came in two pieces. The back and frond were unscrewed or seperated. I started to disassemble it some more as you can see.

I don't know the nomenclature but this fiddling device (apperture stop down for the automatic part coupler?) seems bend

Current situation from the cameramount side point of view

Oh boy, looks bend. I guess that bend thingie should couple with one of the couplers on the backside part.

situation at the front part of the lens. Bend or correct stance? You tell me.

questions
1. So should al be 90 degrees straight? I can bend the parts corectly but have to be sure.
2. how do the front and back part connect? there is (mangled) thread. Just screw?
3. there are two couplings. Which belong to which?
4. I couldnt find any good reference material at the internet. Did I miss it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, I'm also surprised there was no reply, and an interesting problem, and a lesson, don't force lenses.
I learnt the same lesson with my Minolta 50/1.8 LTM.
Looks like someone who has never used a Canon FL/FD camera/lens has tried to force the lens off by twisting hard on the focus ring.
Looks like at least 4 parts are bent, should be fixable.
questions
1. So should they be 90 degrees straight? I can bend the parts correctly but have to be sure.
Yes, they should all be strait.
2. how do the front and back part connect? there is (mangled) thread. Just screw?
They should screw together, this can happen at 6-9 or more orientations, once threaded part way on, the posts must align and then the focus ring must turn to bring the optics toward the infinity position, start the threads wrong and infinity will not happen where you want it to be at, so you must try again the next thread over.
3. there are two couplings. Which belong to which?
The round post should line up with a hole in the mount/aperture section.
4. I couldn't find any good reference material at the internet. Did I miss it?
There are sources out there, it's just a bit tricky to find the right search terms.