Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD modified to fit EOS?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Canon FD modified to fit EOS? Reply with quote

I have been giving this some thought, you might be able to put me straight as I have no knowledge what so ever about lens design. IF I were to modify an FD lens by changing the helical focus start point I could in theory get the lens to "compress" further than it was intended, thereby maintaining infinity. I would only need to scavenge 2mm for the mounts to match. has anyone tried? In order to mount I would use one of the FD/EOS mounts and remove the optics. Crazy fool or optical genius you decide Laughing

BTW if any one has a cheap dispesable FD lens I could try it on?.....

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is working solution for Jupiter-9 to modify for Nikon body. I never heard this solution with Canon FD.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Canon FD modified to fit EOS? Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:

BTW if any one has a cheap dispesable FD lens I could try it on?.....

I have one that I "think" may be for Canon FD but am not sure.
It's a very nice Soligor 135mm f/2.8
big sexy glass
It's not really dispensable I think because if one can mount it it can be a very nice lens IMHO.
Unfortunately I can not use it and not being sure of the mount I can not even advertise it well, so I was thinking of setting a cheap auction such as one starting from Eur5 no reserve, saying clearly I am not sure of the mount.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
do you know this page Orio FD is first one listed. Importing big glass from Italy is maybe not the way to go, I think I'll look out for a cheap 50 1.8 or something to butcher.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
do you know this page Orio FD is first one listed. Importing big glass from Italy is maybe not the way to go, I think I'll look out for a cheap 50 1.8 or something to butcher.

hi Bob, I will take a look at that page.
Probably I used a wrong word, I did not mean the lens is heavy or wide, just that the glass is large, I don't know how to explain... like, large compared to the barrel, and to the typical size of the glass of other 135.mm lenses.
The weight and dimensions of the lens are comparable to those of the Pentacon 135mm.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FD lenses are pretts easy to recognize.
They have their bayonet at the cam, if you know what I mean...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob!

Perhaps this helps...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out...