Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 50 f1.2 - set 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 50 f1.2 - set 2 Reply with quote

It's me again with my boring stuff Smile ....

Just showing more shots wide open -- post-process LightRoom and Photoshop..

Some vignetting visible at f1.2 ...

#1 - f1.2

#2 - f1.2

#7 - f1.2

#8 - f1.2

#9 - f1.2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delightful portraits. Very nice lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very nice portraits.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked congrats trifox, greats shos again.

The Cat-shot is outstanding Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples, shocking quality wide open!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all replies and comments..Smile

@ poilu - yes, the lens is very good even wide open -- borders blurred but around the center is all fine.

@ tobias -- quite lucky shot -- very rare situation I must say ..

thanks again ..

tf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of the lens is this?? old breach lock mount or FDn mount??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if it is the 50mm f/1.2, then it is nFD. The breechlock was a 55mm lens. Canon produced this lens in both L and non-L versions, just as they produced the 55mm breechlock in both Aspherical and plain (non-Aspherical) versions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I believe if it is the 50mm f/1.2, then it is nFD. The breechlock was a 55mm lens. Canon produced this lens in both L and non-L versions, just as they produced the 55mm breechlock in both Aspherical and plain (non-Aspherical) versions.

Thanks ,thats what i wanted to know!! Iam eyeing a FDn 50/1.2 but i can also get a 55/1.2 at same price ,both are non L !!! can you advice which one to get???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how I could miss this thread of Trifox - #7 is beautiful !!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I don't know how I could miss this thread of Trifox - #7 is beautiful !!

+1

I love the cat shot (#3). Focusing such a photo is a challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

Thanks ,thats what i wanted to know!! Iam eyeing a FDn 50/1.2 but i can also get a 55/1.2 at same price ,both are non L !!! can you advice which one to get???

They are different optical formulae, but I can't speak as to which is better. For sure, the 50/1.2 is the more modern formula and it has the more recent coatings formula. But the 55/1.2 is much more massive and a stouter build, for sure.

I would be most interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison of the 50/1.2 vs. the 55/1.2, just as I would be most interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison of the 50/1.2L vs. the 55/1.2 Aspherical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very nice. Most impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb quality!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
They are different optical formulae, but I can't speak as to which is better. For sure, the 50/1.2 is the more modern formula and it has the more recent coatings formula. But the 55/1.2 is much more massive and a stouter build, for sure.

Wish I knew as well. I've been scouring for "normal" F1.2s for a while. I have the 55mm F1.2 and love it, but i'm an addict.
My understanding is the 50mm lens is sharper, but 55mm gives a nicer Bokeh. Cannot confirm if true, just impression I've picked up from various forums.

BTW, I wouldn't worry about the coatings on FD 55s, they're very well controlled, especially if it's SSC formula.