Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 400mm F4.5, NEX-6 and Lens Turbo 2 at the Aviary!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 400mm F4.5, NEX-6 and Lens Turbo 2 at the Aviary! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to share some images from my recent visit to the Aviary.
I mostly wanted to test the FD 400mm F4.5 and I am extremely happy with it!
All handheld but it is not that hard to handle at all that lens.

So here are the images...they look better at full size but still look good posted there I think. Smile

Andy the Condor by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
_DSC8554_DxOs by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
_DSC8557_DxO by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
More Traci Aviary by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
_DSC8580 by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
_DSC8608 by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
_DSC8624_DxO-3BigSharpCAnoncolorMaxSharpnessfromDXOPrimeSmallSignature by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr
The winky owl! by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr

And even tried a quick portrait shot with the Canon FD 400mm F4.5 which actually turned out pretty good I think Smile
_DSC8617 by GabrielG2k11, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! More to come soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent shots!
Thanks for sharing...

Long time in my wishlist,
waiting for some "never coming" good deal!!
Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlousada wrote:
Excelent shots!
Thanks for sharing...

Long time in my wishlist,
waiting for some "never coming" good deal!!
Smile

I think I got a pretty good price on it. Found it at a local camera store by pure luck for $200 and even has the original filters and looks like they were never used and the case its in good shape too.
I am usually not lucky like that and bought it to sell it and make a quick buck but then fell in love with the IQ so its not going anywhere. Very Happy
Thanks for the kind words! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$200? You're must kidding me Shocked . I'm going to get the FD 300/2.8 L with $800 and I felt I'm lucky, but this is just.. extreme!
The photos are really great! This can be expected with tele FD L lenses Very Happy
Maybe this is the first portrait using this lens that I've seen.
Congrats!!

PS: Next time, I think it's better to compress the photos to the width of 1024 px or less, otherwise we can't see the whole photo at once.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
$200? You're must kidding me Shocked . I'm going to get the FD 300/2.8 L with $800 and I felt I'm lucky, but this is just.. extreme!
The photos are really great! This can be expected with tele FD L lenses Very Happy
Maybe this is the first portrait using this lens that I've seen.
Congrats!!

PS: Next time, I think it's better to compress the photos to the width of 1024 px or less, otherwise we can't see the whole photo at once.

I was really surprised at the price because that store first is not one I thought will have old lenses and much less good prices but since they just do quick looks online for pricing maybe they didnt do a good job..and I am happy they didnt cause I was super happy with the price Very Happy
I can see why people consider this should have been called an L lens..or at least I like to think that now LOL
As far as the Portrait, I have tried a few more and I am surprised how much detail you can see on the skin at 100%. That was very unexpected to me.

I am used to posting the Flickr links and having the forums make it smaller automatically but this one is differently so now I know for my next time. Smile

Thanks amigo!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it should be an L lens, it's even sharper than my EF 200/2.8 Laughing
However, I highly suggest you to equip a monopod, it helps me a lot to handle this kind of long tele lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
Yes, it should be an L lens, it's even sharper than my EF 200/2.8 Laughing
However, I highly suggest you to equip a monopod, it helps me a lot to handle this kind of long tele lens.

Oh yes I did bring one with me and normally will use it but it felt so light compared to my Vivitar 120-600mm that I just kept shooting like that to make it easier when switching lenses. Smile