Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 35-70 F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Canon FD 35-70 F4 Reply with quote

I found this and two slr's from closet when I was looking for screwdriver. Adapter without lens, very close focus, very small depth, no infinity.

@35mm, ISO100, F8

@70mm, ISO100, F8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 35-70 F4 Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
I found this and two slr's from closet when I was looking for screwdriver. Adapter without lens, very close focus, very small depth, no infinity.

@35mm, ISO100, F8

@70mm, ISO100, F8

But still very nice. I have four FD lenses that I can;t get rid of. Maybe I should try them as macro lenses. Hmmmmm.......

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I thougt jus the same thing... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn ----- pm me the fd lens you wanna get rid of please

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! great!

I am a big fan of FD lenses !!

hold no, no!!

please, send ME your FD lenses you don't want to keep! Smile

nice pics!

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
wow! great!

I am a big fan of FD lenses !!

hold no, no!!

please, send ME your FD lenses you don't want to keep! Smile

nice pics!

tf

........the Canon fd consumer 35-70 and 70-210 were/are nothing special, there are better zooms.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is cheap and plastic.

However it's quite good optically. Even Rockwell gave it 4 stars for optics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens, optically it is quite good to me. Because of this thread
I dusted off this lens and did shoot some. I got this lens with Canon A-1(?)
together from my cousin in law, of course they were free. Very Happy

The above shot was using FD->EF adapter with correction lens,
it seems to me quite sharp even it was at F4 & 70mm (+EOS 5D).

Will test this lens and FD 35/2 (concave front element) without
an adapter someday. Bye till then.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Wow... Reply with quote

I think you may have just convinced me to keep my black Canon AE-1. I've really been wavering on that because most of my lenses are for Pentax or Yashica. I love the camera but this lens was the only one that came with it. From these pics though that lens looks to be really nice. Far nicer than I thought.

I shouldn't. I've pretty much spent what I can afford on the other two kits on getting lenses for those. Having a third camera and lenses for that will be pushing it. But maybe I'll just find an FD adapter for my T-mount and use that now that I've got that lens.

I was hoping to sell that one and get enough money from it for another Takumar or two, but oh well...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Yes, this is cheap and plastic.

However it's quite good optically. Even Rockwell gave it 4 stars for optics.

Well some of my lenses might be bad copies, but if you can get other superior zooms for peanuts I'd give the Canon ones a miss, well I don't use mine and that also goes for the Canon fd 200mm f4 as after many tests found a Kiron 80-200mm zoom can at least equal it for sharpness and 3d, but is more versatile.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse I know what you mean.
But as a freebie, I'm very happy. Maybe it's money value is not much, but usability is.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into a German Magazine (had forgotten which one into the 80s, perhaps ColorFoto) this FDn 35-70/4 was even by a Hair better than the (very) famous Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 lens - and very sharp, even at F4. So the FD-EF Adapter with correction lens does work nice, it seems? I've figured out that most adapter mounts for Canon (with correction lens) are of mediocre quality, and the lens element isn't even (multi)coated.