Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 300 2.8 Fluorite - Focus stuck
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Canon FD 300 2.8 Fluorite - Focus stuck Reply with quote

I got this lens about two months ago, with the mount converted to EOS
it was working fine but now suddenly the focus got stuck from minimal to 70m and I cant get to infinity, the focus ring doens't move beyond 70m if I pull it with more strenght, and I dont hear anything loose inside the lens that could be blocking the barrel from moving... Also it did not fall, just stopped working from one day to another

Any help with this?

It seems there's a version of this lens with internal focusing, mine is the one which the lens extends when close focusing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 300 2.8 Fluorite - Focus stuck Reply with quote

techuser wrote:
I got this lens about two months ago, with the mount converted to EOS
it was working fine but now suddenly the focus got stuck from minimal to 70m and I cant get to infinity, the focus ring doens't move beyond 70m if I pull it with more strenght, and I dont hear anything loose inside the lens that could be blocking the barrel from moving... Also it did not fall, just stopped working from one day to another

Any help with this?

It seems there's a version of this lens with internal focusing, mine is the one which the lens extends when close focusing.

Welcome, techuser. Let me help you to post your image.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer new FD version 300/2.8L has a kind of focus limit ring - never used it.
But I suposse the older version did not have this?

That could be a problem based in the conversion :-/
Probably something hard fell into the focusing helicoid or IF mechanics and blocks it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No switch

I thought of something blocking it but cant hear anything loose inside, also since to infinity the lens retracts the barrel I can see the path it needs to make when looking behind it, and at least from the mount side its clear, it just stops moving...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techuser wrote:
..I thought of something blocking it but cant hear anything loose inside...

When a part is inside the helicoid or such with grease would not make noise, I think.