Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon EOS M3 - surprise!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Canon EOS M3 - surprise! Reply with quote

I found new Canon EOS M3 on eBay for surprisingly low price (~$350 with 18-55 kit zoom) and I decided to try it. I wasn't expect anything spectacular, but when I got it and took some test shoots I was surprised. I shoot only JPG and for me M3 is next to my A7R when it comes to out of camera photos. I don't mean lab tests - just my feelings. I love the colors and fine sharpening. At the same time I got Fuji X-T1 and I hate JPG taken with old, manual lenses - there is simply no pop, I can't get one out of it!
Back to M3, here are some samples taken with various manual ~50 mm lenses. Remember, no post-processing!

My camera settings are:
Picture Style: Auto (Sharpness: +7, Contrast +4)
Auto Lightning Optimizer: Standard
White balance: Auto
ISO: Auto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting
I liked the JPGs I got from my Canon DSLR.
With the Fuji I struggle some.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you find a nice toy Like 1 small

With the Fuji, I find it very easy. Just be sure not to pick one of the muted film simulations, and play a bit with the shadow/highlight settings. My allround filmsim is astia. An easy way of trying is the in-camera raw converter. Simply shoot an image (in raw+jpg) and convert it a few times in camera with different fimlsims and settings.

But it could also be a matter of personal preferences. We all have a different taste after all Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, the color and contrast sure look good to me! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks a decent camera. Probably even cheaper in 2022.