Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon A-1 Self Repaired ! Test photo.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Canon A-1 Self Repaired ! Test photo. Reply with quote

I'm so pleased I think I have got my 'gift' Canon A-1 exposing properly again after many months -- it over-exposed badly with the faster 1/1000 and 1/500 speeds and could not be relied on to expose properly on 'P' or 'AV' even at slower speeds . I took off the base-plate again and also my AE-1 and compared inside the actions. I noticed on the A-1 a small 'lever; was coming to rest UNDER a thing but on the AE-1 same lever was pointed LEVEL with the 'thing' so i moved gently the A-1 lever and fired shutter several times and watched and it came LEVEL not UNDER so I have loaded with a 1995 outdated Kodak P3200 film rated at 400 ASA and processed in Home-made Microphen 1+1 for 10 mins at 20oC and got some evenly exposed test negs. So I have scanned one to see -- highlights burnt out a bit on scan but would PRINT in Darkroom OK and I think I have cured the exposure problem ! ( Thus SAVING me about £ 150 !! ) I show just ONE taken today -- I did some boring shots of gravestones etc
Canon SSC 200mm f4 @ TV and f5.6 ( got 1/1000th second not bad exposure ! )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Canon A-1 Self Repaired ! Reply with quote

Canon A-1 test by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

This is my A-1 showing the little straight lever that was going UNDER instead of IN LINE with the thing on the left.