Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

canon 5D Mk 1 and Manual Lenses with Adapters.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: canon 5D Mk 1 and Manual Lenses with Adapters. Reply with quote

I have never used my Canon 5D Mk 1 with any lens other than a Canon EF lens. But I'm considering it as my manual lens collection grows.

Anyone have any comments based on the lenses in my sig? M42, M39, Pentex K mount, FD, Konica... Are there adapters that allow for more mirror clearance than others?

Otherwise, I would need to trade some Canon EF Glass for a Full Frame mirrorless.. Like my 17-40L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 50 1.4, 80 1.8 etc, and I would rather keep it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only M42 allows infinity. M39, Pentex K mount, FD, Konica camera registers are too short -- well, Pentax K has correct register but back-of-lens levers & such won't cram into mirror box.

Funny you mention you've never used manual lens on your 5D classic -- why I can't imagine(!) -- I sold all my EF lenses long ago, using only MF lenses! Laughing Of course I was real careful; I didn't just start slapping on lenses. I bought a Canon EOS film camera. Wink I figured if the film camera lens mirror broke on a lens, I was out only $10 not $1100 my 5D cost.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Of course I was real careful; I didn't just start slapping on lenses. I bought a Canon EOS film camera. Wink I figured if the film camera lens mirror broke on a lens, I was out only $10 not $1100 my 5D cost.

^^^ Top idea! Didn't ever think of that Smile

I mainly use an A7 now with Leica M mount lenses but I've used M42 & Yashica bayonet mount on a 5D2 with no issues - Helios 44M, 44-2 [with modification for infinity] 44M-4, Pentacon 50/1.8, Jupiter 9, Yashica ML 28/2.8, ML 50mm range & Tokina SD 28-70mm.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I found a adapter I had bought to try putting a EOS EF tele converter on my EOS-M, that didn't work.. but it seems to work on my 5D.

These were taking with my MIR 1B 37mm F2.8 wide open.

Yes I know it's dusty...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42, Olympus OM, Contax/Yashica, Nikon, Leica R should all fit the 5D. Some M42 will clash, Google should usually be able to tell you whether you are likely to have a problem Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: adaptation Reply with quote

The Canon "live view" which flips the mirror up and lets you focus on the back LCD will allow lenses with closer rear parts to reach infinity

p.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: adaptation Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
The Canon "live view" which flips the mirror up and lets you focus on the back LCD will allow lenses with closer rear parts to reach infinity

p.

but I have a 5D mark I

Thanks however.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vroger wrote:
Ok. I found a adapter I had bought to try putting a EOS EF tele converter on my EOS-M, that didn't work.. but it seems to work on my 5D.

Adapter probably needs chip upgrade.

vroger wrote:

[pic]

Nice pics!

vroger wrote:
Yes I know it's dusty...

[pic]

Nice bokeh! I don't see any dusty. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
vroger wrote:

Adapter probably needs chip upgrade.

vroger wrote:

[pic]

Nice pics!

vroger wrote:
Yes I know it's dusty...

[pic]

Nice bokeh! I don't see any dusty. Wink

I was refering to my book shelf, and PC. ha!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this link might be useful, it contains a Compatibility list of M42 and manual lenses on Canon EOS 5D DSLR.

http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/