Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 35mm f/1.5 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Canon 35mm f/1.5 LTM Reply with quote

I made some pics with this lens.

http://www.paulmarbrook.com/sony-a7-canon-35mm-f1-5-ltm-m39-rangefinder-lens/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.paulmarbrook.com/sony-a7-canon-35mm-f1-5-ltm-m39-rangefinder-lens/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just great series. It may be difficult to do an "analyitical" evaluation of the lens due to the PP as you say, but i must say i really like the look of the images. Very "film like". Next time try the Karlovačko beer Wink

p-s. if i may know, are you using VSCO filters?
Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice review, thx.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love your dog shots.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the 35/1.5, for a while I was contemplating getting the f1.5 set, 35, 50, 85, nice to know the 35 is well worth the effort to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Just great series. It may be difficult to do an "analyitical" evaluation of the lens due to the PP as you say, but i must say i really like the look of the images. Very "film like". Next time try the Karlovačko beer Wink

p-s. if i may know, are you using VSCO filters?
Like 1

Hi Tomas, yes I do use some VSCO, a couple of the shots were one click presets i already had but most of them i had to do more than my usual modern lens process much like the Canon 50mm 0.95 process.

If you scroll down you will see a glass of Karlovačko Wink

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos! I like the processing

Like 1

thanks for reminding me that I have to use this lens more.. I have the whole 1.5 set CLA'ed recently just sitting in the back of my display case like you say.. =(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... those are some GREAT pics.

What kind of processing are you using on those dog pics? It looks almost "fake"...in a good way.. If you know what i mean? Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devinw wrote:

What kind of processing are you using on those dog pics? It looks almost "fake"...in a good way.. If you know what i mean? Like 1 small

Processing wise I'm shooting RAW and then importing into LR. I usually underexpose to retain highlights although f/1.5 at 1/8000 is 'pushing' it in sunshine at ISO 100.

The lens needs quite alot of bump to the processing so I try to use all the dynamic range the sensor has where appropriate by pushing shadows and retaining highlights. A bump of contrast is also needed and some clarity as the finishing touch.

Just like the dark room you have to work these images to get the best out of them Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldschool wrote:
devinw wrote:

Processing wise I'm shooting RAW and then importing into LR. I usually underexpose to retain highlights although f/1.5 at 1/8000 is 'pushing' it in sunshine at ISO 100.

The lens needs quite alot of bump to the processing so I try to use all the dynamic range the sensor has where appropriate by pushing shadows and retaining highlights. A bump of contrast is also needed and some clarity as the finishing touch.

Just like the dark room you have to work these images to get the best out of them Smile

Right on. Well, you are certainly getting the best out of them. Nice work. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 darn good!!!
(not so happy about that greenish processing of the see shots...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, I liked the article too... Great work

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article! Beautiful photos.
I wish I have this lens Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens and PP produced quite a prominent '3D' effect in a few of your images!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome photos, really like the bokeh as well deep DOF samples.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your review. I was coincidentally finding information of this lens since I curious whether it's still maintaining quite high price due to its rarity or quality. It seems to be something in between and you really nailed it with all of the unique characteristics.

P/S: are you still in the process of building your web site? Your works look really nice but I can't find the path to access your articles, only direct web address works.