Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identify this lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Can you identify this lens? Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

All is in the tittle.

I'm looking for any hint about the manufacturer of this lens.
More about the lens :
-Nothing is written on the lens.
-According to my tests, it looks to be around 50mm, and quite fast, between f1.5 and f2.
-Working distance is not very short, around 35mm
-No diaphragm
-So, it sounds like a projector lens, but 50mm projector lenses are not usualy for 35mm projection, but it can be 16mm projection lens.

When unscrewing the 2 parts of the lens, there are some letter / numbers manualy engraved, but I guess it's usual (at least, it is for soviet lenses, so I guess other country did this too).

I have a feeling that this lens is not soviet. The bi-color style make me remember Meopta, but I didn't find any close-looking lenses.

IQ is not bad at all on Sony A7. Here are the photos of the lens, and some samples.

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one suggestion, weight of the lens is not 250 grams?

I like the results of this lens. I think this 35mm projection lens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the right weighing scale with me right now, but it weight like an Helios-77, which weight around 250gr, so yes.

That's a strange focale for a 35mm projection lens. That's why I thought more about a 16mm lens, also it's darkened on borders (vignetting).

What is your suggestion?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens for a 16mm film would give more vignetting than this.

In all respects and partly outwardly similar to GOI KD-3

https://retrotexnika.ru/kr-zarya/fotoapparatyi-kinokameryi-kinoproektoryi-obektivyi-opticheskie-priboryi-po-zavodam-proizvoditelyam/goi/obektivyi-razrabotannyie-v-goi-gosudarstvennom-opticheskom-institute/obektiv-kd-3-obrazcza-1939-goda.html

The back focal length and weight coincide, and also this projection lens

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint!
Unfortunatly, I doubt it's a prototype lens (we are not all lucky like you Very Happy ). The guy who sold me this lens often has a lot of various no name military lenses and projection lenses.