Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can someone help me identify this lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me identify this lens? Reply with quote

Hi all,

A while ago, I discovered I could fit old vintage lenses to my mirrorless camera. A whole new world opened up on me. I've been collecting some lenses over the years, and recently got a lens I cannot identify myself.

This is what I know:

• The front ring reads "SUPRA MC 1:3.5 f=200mm 62Ø No. 703030"
  • It's a 200mm 1:3.5 manual focus lens
  • It accepts 62mm filters
  • M42 mount, auto-pin for aperture
  • Weight: 563gr
  • It has a "passed" sticker. Besides "passed" it reads "CHK81" and "OOCDQ"
  • It tells me it has been made in Korea
  • It has either clickless aperture, or (what I suspect), it has been de-balled to be clickless (someone opened it before I got it, the screws have seen some abuse and need replacing)
  • Although I briefly opened the thing to see what's wrong with the aperture, I forgot to count the blades

I have done a lot of Googling, obviously in the wrong places. I understand "Supra MC" refers to the coating, not to its make/model. I've found that Pallast Magenta made a "supra 200", but if I look at pictures of it, this is not exactly the same lens. Also, the P-M has a make/model printed on the front ring.

At the moment, the aperture is completely stuck and the focus is very sticky. I am going to open it for cleaning, but it already gives not too bad photos.

Some photos of the outside:

#1:

#2:

#3:

I hope someone can help me identify this lens.

Best regards,
Jorik

Last edited by jonkerj on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to another post - we can't see your pictures. It's a security thing for new people, pictures only show up after you make 2 posts.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll do that. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made in Korea makes it like to be made by Samyang. It looks pretty generic. Probably a store brand. There were so many. No a/m switch long CFD also tell me it was a cheap offering.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very much like the Accura Diamatic YS 200 mm f/ 3.5 Lens except for the lack of a A/M switch.
My guess is that it's a latter version of this lens. Towards the end of M42's popularity most cameras had a stop down pin linkage so the manual switch was rarely needed. Quite a few manufacturers decided to do away with it & reduce production costs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be discouraged by "Made in Korea." I've got a couple old "Made in Korea" Chinon lenses from the 1970s and they're quite good - though the manufacturing quality isn't supreme.