Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can finally join 'the Trioplan club' -M42-Nikon adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Can finally join 'the Trioplan club' -M42-Nikon adapter Reply with quote

I can finally join the Trioplan users club, my M42-Nikon adapter arrived last night. First shots soon...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ! We have world biggest Trioplan Club Smile Thanks Maxim! and for his bike Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Richard! Now light that candle.. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! may i ask where you purchased it from? I got mine from ebay, and although it does the trick I must have screwed it a bit tight and its stuck on the pentacon!!! doh! Now i will have to buy another so i can use the Helios!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
congrats! may i ask where you purchased it from? I got mine from ebay, and although it does the trick I must have screwed it a bit tight and its stuck on the pentacon!!! doh! Now i will have to buy another so i can use the Helios!

Hooper - ebay as well, but with the Nikon being bayonet rather than screw I'm hoping I shoudn't have mount left on camera problems.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Wide open Reply with quote

First shot, wide open. Not quite strong enough highlights to get the glow.

For a stopped down sharper shot see the fountain pic in December Calendar 2009 entries - http://forum.mflenses.com/calendar-2009-entries-for-december-t3958.html

Last edited by Richard_D on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard I like this shot. Maybe yo can re-shot it when the light is a bit stronger.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Richard I like this shot. Maybe yo can re-shot it when the light is a bit stronger.

Thanks - I pass this on my commute so I'll give it another go when the days are a little longer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Hooper wrote:

Hooper - ebay as well, but with the Nikon being bayonet rather than screw I'm hoping I shoudn't have mount left on camera problems.

hehe, the problem i have is the mount left on the lens. It will not budge, must have put it on too tight! hope to get back out with it tomorrow and get some nice shots...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Can finally join 'the club' - M42 adapter arrived Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
hehe, the problem i have is the mount left on the lens. It will not budge, must have put it on too tight! hope to get back out with it tomorrow and get some nice shots...

Hope you haven't cross threaded it (ouch)
Occasionally the adapters can give those of us with bayonet mounts grief too - I've left it on my minolta when I didn't get it tight enough!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
Richard_D wrote:
Hooper wrote:

I guess you've tried the tighten slightly further then unscrew trick...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:

You may try to put the lens and adapter in a plastic bag then in the frizzer, then try to unscrew them...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help, although after nearly a week of trying, the adapter has just mysteriously unscrewed real easy! weird.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar thing happen with my P6 adapter. Maybe it was the brute force approach that did it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brute force and the biggest hammer you can find - works every time.... Laughing