Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can D-mount lens be used on Micro 4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Can D-mount lens be used on Micro 4/3? Reply with quote

I have boght a steinheil 2.8/36mm lens with D-mount!

Can it be used on Olympus E-P2?

Thanks a lot !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If it is the genuine d-mount lens then the register will be shorter than c-mount and you can use it on Pen but only for close up's. - you need 'c-mount micro 4/3 adapter' and 'd-mount - c-mount ring'. You can expect vignetting on corners. around 38mm it should not be that bad as with wide angles.

if you need to have infinity the lens will require modification (about 5mm from the mount needs to be removed). Sometimes there is no space for this and you can only remove the focusing part and mount it on focusing helicoid. I'm planning to get one of those too and try it myself.

I have lens from Pathescope H 8mm cine camera which has the same thread as the d-mount but the register is longer than c-mount and it can get infinity without modification.
Do you know what was the camera from which it lens came? and a picture of the lens itself will be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: and the image circle will be too small Reply with quote

look up the size of the 2x8 format (Dmount); it is a 16mm film slit in two. Even the Super 8 format is very small. I have a Leitz (Schneider) Cinegon 10mm which has no mount problems since the Leitz S8 camera used the M-mount, but the image forms a circle smaller than the shortest dimension of the MFT frame. Used reversed as a macro, however, some Dmounts may fill the frame.

p.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: This is the foto Reply with quote

I upload the lens photo

As I know from internet, the vignetting might not be a problem.

But I dont know where to buy the D-C Adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the ring but it is not an adapter - it will only allow you to mount the d-mount lens onto c-mount adapter.
The register is not changed and the lens can focus only up to 25cm. Click here to see on Ebay