Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camping in Colorado, Velvia 50, Hasselblad 500CM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Camping in Colorado, Velvia 50, Hasselblad 500CM Reply with quote

Three shots from my recent camping excursions.

A very long exposure (around an hour or ninety minutes):

Lit by the campfire:

And a shot of the Sawtooth and Bierstadt into the sun (pardon the lens flare Embarassed):

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOW, I have to learn a lot seems Smile I love them all, congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did u get 90min exposure? Do you do bulb or auto exposurr?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With or without flare the 3rd shot is just amazing, like other pics too, but 3 is THE one,

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 3rd is lovely !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! I appreciate the comments.

kiev3 - I shot it on bulb with a locking cable trigger in the darkness of the Colorado mountain wilderness for as long as I could stay awake at the end of the night. I didn't actually keep the time, but I know it was somewhere around an hour. People have told me that it is surprising that the exposure worked as it did because of reciprocity failure. I can't really explain it, I guess I just got lucky. The slide is, in reality, a little darker, and scanning was a little tricky, so my color correcting may have been a little off. Here's a pic of the slide through a 50mm-as-loupe on a light table with my Galaxy S3 phone camera. http://i.imgur.com/opFy9XY.jpg?1

I've tried this before, but the results were never this good. Some of my previous attempts on 35mm:

(I unfortunately can't find the negative to this, it's a scan of a print)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 and #3 are amazing! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is one of the best star trails shots I've ever seen. It's probably the best I've ever seen captured with film.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots esp #1.