Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera-fair in Darmstadt/Germany
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Camera-fair in Darmstadt/Germany Reply with quote

I just came back from a camera-fair in Darmstadt, a nice town just south of Frankfurt. The fair was on the campus of the Technical University and I was astonished that it was much bigger than the one in Frankfurt several weeks ago.
Although I really didn't want to buy anything (don't we all? Laughing ), I couldn't resist a pretty good deal: I got a 3 cam Elmarit 28mm for 260 Euro and already put a Nikon bajonet on it. It doesn't only look very nice on the D700, the picture quality also seems to be very good.

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, I almost went there today, but two things stopped me:

1. I had to work for the Kindergarden my kids go to this morning and
2. I was in Solms (camera fair) yesterday. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thomas,

I had to go of course a) since they celebrated the 35 year anniversary, b) I spent nearly 10 years at THD (Technische Hochschule Darmstadt - Technical University Darmstadt), first as a student, then as assistant professor for Electrical Engineering, so I HAD TO go. Like "time warp" backwards that felt... Wink

I'm sure you saw me and I saw you, but we did not recognize another...
I was there waaay too long (10-14h) and bought some filters, a few little lenses, but was a bit disappointed about what was offered and teh - sometimes- outrageous prices.

Well, but I met sellers I see every year and we had some nice chats also that ebay seems to drive prices up crazily...

I saw a very rare S-Planar 2/100mm in focussing mount (I know only two of these, from the #258... prototype serial range of Zeiss), a former chipmaking lens, but at EUR2.500 my small money purse was not filled anough Wink Wink

Too bad we haven't seen each other!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Klaus,

too bad we missed each other, but I give you a hint for next time: I am 2,02m tall and wear rimless glasses. My hair-colour is what they call "Seniorenblond" nowadays, I would say it's almost white. So just lift your head from time to time, look for a snow-covered peak with golden-rimmed spectacles, and you have found me.

See you next time in April
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then I saw you Thomas!!

I'm rather short, because I'm always bent down to read lens inscriptions.... Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am always looking upwards, hoping that some kind father in heaven will shower down cash on me so I can buy what I can't afford.
Unfortunately it never happened, and that might be the reason, why I am a non-believer.

Best
Thomas