Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera-fair in Darmstadt/Germany
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Camera-fair in Darmstadt/Germany Reply with quote

I just came back from a camera-fair in Darmstadt, a nice town just south of Frankfurt. The fair was on the campus of the Technical University and I was astonished that it was much bigger than the one in Frankfurt several weeks ago.
Although I really didn't want to buy anything (don't we all? Laughing ), I couldn't resist a pretty good deal: I got a 3 cam Elmarit 28mm for 260 Euro and already put a Nikon bajonet on it. It doesn't only look very nice on the D700, the picture quality also seems to be very good.

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, I almost went there today, but two things stopped me:

1. I had to work for the Kindergarden my kids go to this morning and
2. I was in Solms (camera fair) yesterday. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thomas,

I had to go of course a) since they celebrated the 35 year anniversary, b) I spent nearly 10 years at THD (Technische Hochschule Darmstadt - Technical University Darmstadt), first as a student, then as assistant professor for Electrical Engineering, so I HAD TO go. Like "time warp" backwards that felt... Wink

I'm sure you saw me and I saw you, but we did not recognize another...
I was there waaay too long (10-14h) and bought some filters, a few little lenses, but was a bit disappointed about what was offered and teh - sometimes- outrageous prices.

Well, but I met sellers I see every year and we had some nice chats also that ebay seems to drive prices up crazily...

I saw a very rare S-Planar 2/100mm in focussing mount (I know only two of these, from the #258... prototype serial range of Zeiss), a former chipmaking lens, but at EUR2.500 my small money purse was not filled anough Wink Wink

Too bad we haven't seen each other!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Klaus,

too bad we missed each other, but I give you a hint for next time: I am 2,02m tall and wear rimless glasses. My hair-colour is what they call "Seniorenblond" nowadays, I would say it's almost white. So just lift your head from time to time, look for a snow-covered peak with golden-rimmed spectacles, and you have found me.

See you next time in April
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then I saw you Thomas!!

I'm rather short, because I'm always bent down to read lens inscriptions.... Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am always looking upwards, hoping that some kind father in heaven will shower down cash on me so I can buy what I can't afford.
Unfortunately it never happened, and that might be the reason, why I am a non-believer.

Best
Thomas