Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cambridge with Mamiya C220
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Cambridge with Mamiya C220 Reply with quote

day trip to Cambridge -- we went to the Park'n'Ride. I used my Mamiya C220 + 80mm f2.8 'Blue Dot' Sekor set for B&W -- outdated Agfa APX 100 processed in home-made ID 11 1+1
APX 100 11 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
APX 100 10 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
APX 100 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely tones as usual Pete.
A very nice lens for sure as well
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you keeping tabs on what films are most resilient to Father Time? I suppose you would need to know their history, where and how they have been kept etc to make any fair comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -- I have lots of outdated films but I get some given and do not know how they have been stored so I usually do a short length and cut and process it. With SLIDE film I do not do E6 so have to use a whole film and look at the results.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
Yes -- I have lots of outdated films but I get some given and do not know how they have been stored so I usually do a short length and cut and process it. With SLIDE film I do not do E6 so have to use a whole film and look at the results.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very LUCKY with this C220 -- a fellow Camera Club member gave it to me -- it had been in his loft for years -- hardly used -- he was ill -- then he died but I used to e-mail him results showing it in use. Then I got a 135mm f4.5 'Blue Dot' Sekor set off e-bay in good condition for £75 -- ( Don't tell the WIFE !!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
I was very LUCKY with this C220 -- a fellow Camera Club member gave it to me -- it had been in his loft for years -- hardly used -- he was ill -- then he died but I used to e-mail him results showing it in use. Then I got a 135mm f4.5 'Blue Dot' Sekor set off e-bay in good condition for £75 -- ( Don't tell the WIFE !!

Good on you Pete.
I have the C330 and it is my favourite 120 camera by a long way
Tom