Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C41 film B&W develop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: C41 film B&W develop Reply with quote

http://darkshape.blogspot.jp/2011/12/49-guide-to-developing-c-41-films-in-b.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, so according to Darkshape this process is the photographic equivalent of anal sex.

Where's my FP4?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devved my first one today. Boy are the negs thick!

Ok manual exposure by guesstimation, on an old Contax 11.

My little scanner doesnt know what to do, I have made a photographic one much better using my NEX and E Rokkor lens. Its better. But not much with negs this thick!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did C-41 in BW quite a few times. Never got results I would consider even acceptable. I posted the results here, but I don't encourage anyone to go look at them, I find them embarrassing now. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local pharmacist handed me a bagful of expired colour 35mm films a while back. They're still in the fridge and probably not worth spending money on colour chemistry, so they'd be perfect for this or caffenol.
I've seen some decent results here and there and if it gets something useful out of free film, what's not to like?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I did C-41 in BW quite a few times. Never got results I would consider even acceptable. I posted the results here, but I don't encourage anyone to go look at them, I find them embarrassing now. Sad

+1 I tried only once and would never repeat it.