Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y Zeiss Plana 85/1.4 takeapart
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: C/Y Zeiss Plana 85/1.4 takeapart Reply with quote

Hi, I recently purchased said lens, but there's some wipe marks on the second element that probably got there during a bad CLA, which I would like to try to remove. It looks like the front of the lens is a straight forward case of removing the retaining ring and accessing the primary element, but for some reason, the retaining ring isn't budging at all. Can someone confirm that's how to go about disassembly?

Sometimes, some lenses (like the Pentax K 50/1.2 I got recently) have a tricky little screw that needs to be unscrewed before I can get access, and I don't want to ruin the lens trying too hard the wrong way.

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, nobody has any information on a Planar 85/1.4 disassembly?? Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you'd find somebody around who did this kind of job.
If it's MM send it to Zeiss.
If it's AE look for a local repair shop with Contax experience.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For other lenses initial replies typically ask for photos...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Zeiss 85/1.4 AE Planar I see no screws on the outer barrel in the near of the retaining ring of the front lens. So I think you could open it with a spanner wrench. Never done that up to now Smile

I do not think that the retaining ring could go that deep inside, that a screw somewhere 20 mm behind could secure it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send it to me or send me a picture of the lens:

1 - one side
2 - the front
3 - the rear

tf