Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Buyer wants refund to different paypal address...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Buyer wants refund to different paypal address... Reply with quote

Sold an item recently, about an hour later buyer asked several questions that showed he had no idea about what he just bought, so he asked me to refund him, the message was like this - please refund to my email: something @ something com. But when I checked paypal, I found that money come in from different account!

So I guess, he used stolen pp account to send money to me, and now wants to get it to another account to launder money and land me into troubles?

I haven't refunded anything yet, but I think I should inform ebay and paypal about such activity, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a fraud, or maybe he has several emails and just misplaced the one for his paypal account in the message to you.., or he has payed with his wife/girfriend account.
Anyways if i was at your place i will just refund to original account he used - seems the right thing to do. :
And you can contact paypal Smile)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way: if the money goes to a different account the buyer can argue correctly that the money was never refunded.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
No way: if the money goes to a different account the buyer can argue correctly that the money was never refunded.

Cheers,

Renato

Right, you've nailed it!

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a postal address with the original payment. Why not ask him for his postal address?. If its the same at least you know it could be genuine.

My advice is ask ebay for help. Their forum is good for this type of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not fall for this it is a double scam you refund the money to a different account the seller receives it, then waits a week or two claims item not received as you will have no proof of postage and then claims refund tell him you will only refund to original account.
And trust me no proof of postage is instant win for buyer so you lose twice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot agree more to what Eddie said!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely report this to eBay. Their language is very clear about how you're supposed to handle transactions, and this is also clearly not any sort of behavior eBay approves of. And, if this is a scam, this person is likely scamming LOTS of people on eBay and not just you.

Report him to eBay and he'll get the boot.