Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Butterfly with Heinz Kilfitt Makro Kilar 90mm f/2,8 Psix
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Butterfly with Heinz Kilfitt Makro Kilar 90mm f/2,8 Psix Reply with quote

A very hard item to shoot with, but with fantastically interesting one-of-its-kind drawing.

Got my second copy recently, a newer one, called Zoomar. The spherical aberration (?) of donut rings almost vanished, may be more perfect thus more boring wide-open but haven't achieved any good shots yet.

Marek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back when I was a camera dealer, I bought a Canon FD outfit, and a 90mm Kilar macro was one of the lenses included. It had a very nice brownish sort of finish to it. Workmanship quality was outstanding. But what was most unusual about it was the Canon FD mount. The lens's mounts were interchangeable, but back then, good luck finding another mount for it.

I kept it for a while, mostly because I just loved it, but also because I though it was worth a lot more than what it typically sold for back then (say 1989 or 1990). Believe it or don't, that lens's going price back then was about $80. Well, I thought its actual value to be at least $200 and that's about where I priced it. So, needless to say, I had it for a while. Finally, out of pure frustration, I reduced the price. I think I finally got about $100 for it, and that was mostly because it was in the rare FD mount. Oh well.

Mine looked like this one, except with an FD mount instead of a C mount"
Click here to see on Ebay

Looks like the value of that lens has jumped six times or more since then. I've also owned a 40mm macro and a 90 with the visoflex adapter. Most interesting was a prototype 300mm with visoflex. I got decent money for that one. Yep, I like Kilfitt lenses. They are way cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a great butterfly shot!

I have that 90mm and its 40mm brother, as well as that really strange and rare Multi-Kilar
macro extender made specifically for the 90mm lens allowing a variable 2x - 4x magnification

see here with many pictures: Click here to see on Ebay.de

maybe that would be great for your butterflies?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, it is rather a nice collectible curiousity than practical useful thing. I probably grab it somewhere sooner or later. Already have that Kilfitt case at home too, along with alfred-hitchcock-rear-window 400 Kilfitt lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Thank you, it is rather a nice collectible curiousity than practical useful thing. I probably grab it somewhere sooner or later. Already have that Kilfitt case at home too, along with alfred-hitchcock-rear-window 400 Kilfitt lens.

I'll try it out when I find time to, interesting piece, 8 Lens construction and great mechanic. I have it sitting around,
if it is useful for you, you could possibly have it... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1