Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Burt Munro motorcycle racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Burt Munro motorcycle racing Reply with quote

The Britten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite working Stan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the "upload picture" from your computer or the URL from another source?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"upload picture" but my friend was shooting in RAW, and that seems to be a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, until you get your photo issues sorted out, here's a shot of the Britten, one of the most beautiful and best performing motorcycles ever built. Gotta love those blue exhaust headers.

I'm wondering though -- what is Burt Munro's connection to the Britten? Other than Munro and John Britten being perhaps New Zealand's two most famous motorcyclists?

Your friend will need to convert his raw files. I convert mine to .tif for post processing and archiving, and then to .jpg for posting on the 'net.

Last edited by cooltouch on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever wonder what became of Andrew Stroud, the rider who helped make the Britten a legend?
I remember him as a SBK privateer after riding the Britten on a Kawasaki that lacked the fast bits and him as one of the also ran riders, now still racing in the NZ series these days and a rider to be respected in the local series.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit off track but Ivan Mauger was a great NZ speedway racer in the 70s (by memory Very Happy )On those speedway motorcycles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burt has/had no connection with Britten, but the bike was brought south for the Burt Munro motor-cycle festival in and around Invercargill - hill-climb, beach racing, sprint, drag, speedway and round the houses road racing.
Andrew Stroud works for Honda, and he rode the Britten in its demo ruins here.
NZ has produced some great dirt-track riders. As well as Ivan Mauger, there were Ronnie Moore and Ron Johnston (Bellevue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Stroud on the Britten.
Unknown rider on a Rudge.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: For StanW and all the Britten fans out there Reply with quote

For StanW and all the Britten fans out there. The Britten on display in the Barber Motorsports Museum.
http://barbermuseum.org/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that series, Big Dawg -- probably the nicest set of photos of a Britten I've ever seen. You don't happen to have a full profile of the right side of the bike, do you? Like the one I posted, which I believe is also from Barber's?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome and a Rudge Ulster too! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many more from several years ago. I'll look them up and do a separate post for you.