Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bugs, bugs, bugs....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Amazing macro like always with you I must say Very Happy ....
I was wondering if the background/bokeh are natural colors or is it post processed Question ...
I did some macro shots this week-end with reversed lens and my main issue was the quality of the background, sometime too busy or sometime completely black (probably wrong flash setting....) Confused ......an other issue is that you have to be very very closed from the subject, probably a few cm isn't it Question ...anyway, your macro ability is quite amazing as well as your pictures......

The black background is quite common, you see it when there's a big difference in the light hitting your subject versus the background. It's a factor of flash, distance to BG, etc.

Here's a discussion with some examples, this fellow was trying to get that effect Laughing at times the perfectly black BG can look great.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-technique/114049-macro-photography-how-achieve-black-background.html

Different focal lengths have different distances to the subject. I'm not sure of the math for reversed lenses, but on tubes/bellows a 135mm lets you stay farther away then a 50mm, and a 28mm lens will be almost touching the subject. Shorter focal lengths do provide more magnification, so it's a tradeoff.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Amazing macro like always with you I must say Very Happy ....
I was wondering if the background/bokeh are natural colors or is it post processed Question ...
I did some macro shots this week-end with reversed lens and my main issue was the quality of the background, sometime too busy or sometime completely black (probably wrong flash setting....) Confused ......an other issue is that you have to be very very closed from the subject, probably a few cm isn't it Question ...anyway, your macro ability is quite amazing as well as your pictures......

Thanks Pascal! No, the background is natural in all cases: flowers, leaves etc.... In the blacked out shots the background is too far away.... I have them often too....
And yes, you have to be close!! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Hey guys don't forget you can hit the "rate" button on his post.
They are truly amazing pictures and need to be seen by more people! Have you made any prints out of these?

Thanks Mo. No, no prints.. I hardly ever print anything.....