Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bruce Gilden
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Bruce Gilden Reply with quote

He's original, I must say

http://www.magnumphotos.com/Archive/C.aspx?VP=XSpecific_MAG.PhotographerDetail_VPage&l1=0&pid=2K7O3R1482X4&nm=Bruce%20Gilden

http://www.public-life.org/media/bruce-gilden/5/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked a large number of the photos that were presented, but after watching the video, I do not really like how he got them. I am fairly certain I would be knock unconscious the very first day, if I took up his approach.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Newyorkers are very patient. Here in Italy (both north or south) he wouldn't have survived that much without some consequences.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find his method a bit violent, I don't like it.
Besides, it shows in the photographs. The subjects look scared or repulsed. I wonder where is the point in that. I think that doing street photography should be a way to record the life of our societies, to capture existing moments, not to break into people's lives and actually change what they are doing. We would not address people like that without a photo camera. I think that we should do street photography like if we were without cameras, just recording what we see, not closer than what we would be without a camera and not changing what we have in front of us. Not forcing the reality to deal with us, just recording it without breaking it's flow. Just like nature photographeres do. They follow the wild animals, or wait for them, and they don't get in the way of what they do, they just observe and record. So should we do with people.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I find his method a bit violent, I don't like it.
Besides, it shows in the photographs. The subjects look scared or repulsed. I wonder where is the point in that. I think that doing street photography should be a way to record the life of our societies, to capture existing moments, not to break into people's lives and actually change what they are doing. We would not address people like that without a photo camera. I think that we should do street photography like if we were without cameras, just recording what we see, not closer than what we would be without a camera and not changing what we have in front of us. Not forcing the reality to deal with us, just recording it without breaking it's flow. Just like nature photographeres do. They follow the wild animals, or wait for them, and they don't get in the way of what they do, they just observe and record. So should we do with people.

Well said. I completely agree.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion this guy does well his job ..
His way is a bit aggressive but he knows what he does...
this is reality, this is bronx Smile
it is impossible to leap into characters at some places Smile ...

I think he shows us what character people have -
they don't have enough time to be someone else Smile

I like his pictures... although I wouldn't be brave enough to do this! Smile