Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica S lenses mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Bronica S lenses mount Reply with quote

I read mount for S is different from S2. Could you help me identify Bronica S lenses? Some photos of the mount possibly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with the mounts but this piece of information might be useful:

The helicoids for S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL Bronicas are often sold separately, for some reason. KEH has them occasionally for about $50 -- I wouldn't pay more than that.
The large bayonet mount on these cameras (the one the helicoid mounts on) accepts long lenses (400 mm, for example) directly, but these are hard to find. They were made by Nikon and, I think, Komura; each of which companies made a single focusing unit that accepted multiple lens heads (I have the Nikon unit that allows me to use 400mm, 600mm, 800mm and 1200mm lens heads on my S2A and EC-TL).
The Bronica S and earlier models had a different large bayonet mount than the S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL. On the S and earlier models, the small bayonet mount on front of the helicoid is built into the camera -- you don't need a separate helicoid for the S as with the later focal plane shutter Bronicas. But you do need a Bronica bayonet adapter to use the bellows or long lenses designed for the S with later models of the Bronica.
Many online sellers incorrectly list film backs, bellows and viewfinders as being for the S2, S2A, EC and EC-TL cameras. This is incorrect -- these accessories are incompatible and fit either the S series or EC series -- because of different size fittings and mirror designs, none will fit both Bronica series.

https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/helicord-lens-mounts-for-bronica-s-where-did-they-all-go.441751/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oldhand. Does anyone has photo of the mount since i'd like to distinguish it from other mounts to buy proper lens Sad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an S2a system for a while. I had problems with the focus. The foam under the mirror which was used as a shim to make sure the distance to the focus screen was the same as the distance to the film gate had a tendency to wear. I replaced with a harder, tougher moleskin material, but still had problems. The S2 had a separate focus helical that came apart for small mount lenses and an external bayonet for larger lenses:

The earlier Bronica S had an internal helicoid focus tube. In general, alll the small bayonet lenses can fit on the S.

Some of this might be helpful:

Here is the Bronica S manual, it has some info on the S lenses:

http://www.cameramanuals.org/bronica/bronica_s.pdf

Here are pics of both S and S2 lenses, First the S2/S2a with the red background and the S is shown the last three. I hope this helps you a bit!

Paul

S2:

S2:

S2:

S:

S:

S:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is valuable info, thank you! Information on earlier Bronica mounts is quite scarce.