Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Breakfast.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Breakfast. Reply with quote

Breakfast time.
Tamron SP 35-80 hand held No tubes 400asa

PHOTo WITHDRAWN
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/Rob-Leslie/BeeDinner.jpg

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Fine details even on 100% crop. Great image Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fine and smooth picture at ISO400!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
What a fine and smooth picture at ISO400!

I can assure you it is 400asa shot RAW on the Pentax. One of the many reasons I bought the Pentax K100D was its almost lack of noise at 400asa. It’s also the reason I would never buy the K10. My camera before was the Sony Alpha which even had masses of noise at 200asa. Before that the Minolta 5D was very good at 400asa and before that the Canon 300D was clean The best camera I have seen for lack of noise and micro sharpness to go with it are the old 4 million pixel Nikon DSLR the pro D1X etc. It is easy to produce a camera with a high count sensor and lack of noise if you sacrifice fine detail and/or shadow detail. Some manufactures apply masses of noise reduction and shadow tones with a camera JPEG while others may just put an extra big AA filter in the camera. If you shot RAW and use a good converter you should be able to turn luminous and colour noise reduction to none and then see what the sensor is doing. If there still isn’t any noise and sharpness can’t be increased to see very fine (Micro) detail then something dodgy is going on. But of course all is irrelevant if your workflow introduces noise when you PP.
400asa ! Isnt high! If you have a problem getting clean sharp images in good conditions with it. You may have a problem! ! 800 should also be very usable and is a must if your are shooting wildlife with telephotos in dark woods. 1600 asa is dodgy. A freind who has just bought a Nikon D50 is still shooting Auto and every picture I have helped PP with him has been 500asa. No noise to be seen on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe you. Actually, I am very pleased with the results of my EOS 350D at ISO400. No noise at ISO100 and ISO200 whatsoever, at ISO400 very little noise, does not hurt at all and is easily and without loss of detail de-noised with Noise Ninja for example.
At ISO800 noise is visible, but the photos are still usable. Only at ISO1600 you get a considerable amount of noise that prevent larger prints.
For small sizes it still is OK.