Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Braun paxette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Braun paxette Reply with quote

I've had this little gem for a while now. I love its look and compact size. Just loaded a 135x12 in 400 for testing.

One of the chuckles I've had is a little item I had tucked away for a number of years - a Hansa model III shoe mount rangefinder I discovered on line it is the same as a Kopil model III.

(I found it on the following site . . . http://www.ipernity.com/doc/299425/album/410663)

Neat little gadget to help take the guess work out of guestimating ranges Laughing

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you spamming the forum? 5 messages?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an error with the forum the other day, that resulted in multiple posts,doing the tidy up now Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Are you spamming the forum? 5 messages?

Laughing Laughing

I messaged Atilla when I saw it had happened - if a post keeps bringing up an error and won't let you post, it could happen to you Smile

Thanks for the clean up Mo Smile

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, tell us more about the camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Sorry, tell us more about the camera.

That's okay - I guess my tongue in cheek didn't come through Laughing

I had always thought I would like to give rangefinders a go and there is something iconic about these little guys style - without the rangefinding attachment it fits nicely in my hand and its very bare bones. In past I've heard comments regarding durability - Confused (This on'e still around and operational.)
Most people would say the lack of a meter would be an issue - I guess unless you've got the sunny 16 down pat. Funny looking it over now I've noticed on top of the rangefinder unit is a "cheat sheet" that spells out the sunny 16 Smile .

After I get this film shot I will give more feedback and then its on to one of the others I have queued up.
( Shocked Is my GAS showing . . . Embarassed )
Later,
Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few Paxettes, one with a fixed lens, one with an un coupled rangefinder and a coupled rangefinder. All are great to use. A lovely little compact system. Here are mine. Included on the left is a lens taken from a broken camera and mounted in M39 to use on my Leica or NEX.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking cameras! So many different rangefinder cameras were made.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I have a few Paxettes, one with a fixed lens, one with an un coupled rangefinder and a coupled rangefinder. All are great to use. A lovely little compact system. Here are mine. Included on the left is a lens taken from a broken camera and mounted in M39 to use on my Leica or NEX.

Great cameras Smile Thanks for the picture as mine in the centre camera in your grouping.

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has a fixed lens and scale focusing. A nice pocketable camera and beautifully made. A Paxette 1A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy,
Does the one on the right have a coupled rangefinder?
I am looking at a similar one for sale.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
philslizzy,
Does the one on the right have a coupled rangefinder?
I am looking at a similar one for sale.

No. Only Super Paxette line have a coupled rangefinder.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late getting back on this one. I hadn't seen your question. As calvin83 says only the Super has a coupled rangefinder. The finder on that one is uncoupled. There is a small wheel, just visible between the shoe and the wind lever. Turn that and read off the distance, then transfer it to the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Sorry I'm late getting back on this one. I hadn't seen your question. As calvin83 says only the Super has a coupled rangefinder. The finder on that one is uncoupled. There is a small wheel, just visible between the shoe and the wind lever. Turn that and read off the distance, then transfer it to the lens.

Okay, thank you. The information on the internet was a little confusing about these cameras.

Thank you also calvin83.