Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Braun Paxette Reflex lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Braun Paxette Reflex lenses Reply with quote

I was researching and came across one of these cameras in a blog. It said it was an interchangeable mount. Anybody familiar with this? It doesn't show in the famous mounts sorted by register site:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

It seems some interesting lenses were made for this camera.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Paxette Reflex camera used the Prontor mount. The King Regula III and the Photavit 36 also used the Prontor mount, but slightly altered, so care is needed when buying a lens. Not to mention, I don't know if there's an adapter available to modern cameras.

Plenty of good info here

http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/paxette/paxette.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can find the Braun Paxette Reflex uses the DKL mount with 45.7mm register
Pictures of the camera clearly show the aperture ring located on the camera body, which is kinda distinctive for the DKL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a DKL adapter for Braun Paxette Reflex lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure? Because I see images that don't quite look like DKL.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Are you sure? Because I see images that don't quite look like DKL.

The lens in the photo, with a red locking lever, was made for Paxette Super III Automatic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The ad from the vintage camera shop has it listed as paxette reflex. It seems a very rare camera though (the paxette reflex that is) so they may not know what they are talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the link that Alun Thomas provided the difference between a Paxette and a Photavit mount seems to be the flange distance, otherwise they look almost the same. I have an Enna Ennalyt 135/3.5, mine looks to be in the Regula version of the mount, that is shifted 1/8 of a turn. I removed the mount and it could be turned/adjusted though that means the whole lens will be tilted once mounted on the adapter/camera.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braun used at least seven different mounts for their cameras.
And many of the Braun cameras where called Paxette.

So if just knowing the name of a Braun camera it is quite difficult to say which mount it has.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthracite wrote:
Braun used at least seven different mounts for their cameras.
And many of the Braun cameras where called Paxette.
So if just knowing the name of a Braun camera it is quite difficult to say which mount it has.

People seem to miss the word 'Reflex' in the topic name Cool
There are just two types of Paxette Reflex cameras - one with fixed lens and one with DKL mount (with the aperture ring on the body/adapter)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done a bit more digging it is definitely a DKL mount on the Paxette reflex and is the same as the Vitessa T type. Braun was a bit crazy as they had 2 different cameras (this one and of course the Super Colorette II) with DKL mount lenses that were incompatible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Having done a bit more digging it is definitely a DKL mount on the Paxette reflex and is the same as the Vitessa T type. Braun was a bit crazy as they had 2 different cameras (this one and of course the Super Colorette II) with DKL mount lenses that were incompatible.

But Vitessa T and Super Colorette lenses are interchangeable Smile