Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Bokeh Reply with quote

Smooth Bokeh ?

A combination of PS ‘Lens Blur’ and ‘Gaussian Blur’. Lens Blur alone left a ghost outline so a bit of Gaussian needs to be added to remove this.
Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for sharing!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smooth bokeh with a mirror - only 2 possible explanations, either photoshop or witchcraft (or maybe a combination of both). nice job!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witchcraft and a butter knife! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wow*, smooth bokeh and very three dimensional. That animal is looking at me... Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys. I like the Tamron 500mm Mirror and it is about the most practical way of getting to 500mm. The Donuts on the Tamron are smaller than other mirrors, much smaller and controlable than my 300 Rubinar. I thought this photo was a good test of 'Blurring them down' as there is a lot of back light on the subject.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

The hard part is the masking, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice!

The hard part is the masking, right?

You don't make a mask. Just put the blur on an underlaying layer and selectivly erase what you want. It takes about five minutes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you erased in the top or in the bottom layer?

Guido

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigt wrote:
Did you erased in the top or in the bottom layer?

Guido

Make a Dub layer. Hide the top layer and put 'lens blur' on the bottom layer, add a bit of gaussia blur for effect.

Go back to top layer and use eraser brush small soft about the size of smallest donut and 40% opacity. Go over donuts and other bits you think need it.

When adding somethin via another layer it is often better to do it on an underlaying layer and then reveal, rather than trying to remove the unwanted part of what you are adding from your main picture