Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh Only!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reading about the Auto Rikenon 50mm 1.7 in another thread i was out giving mine a go today and thought why not play with this way of image production with it and me likey!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:
On reading about the Auto Rikenon 50mm 1.7 in another thread i was out giving mine a go today and thought why not play with this way of image production with it and me likey!

A lot to like there.
Very nicely done.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oldhand.
All the images here are brilliant!!
What a great idea Bern!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from my MIR 24 35mm f/2.0 at f/2.0 on a Canon 5D3 of some bunting at a festival last summer. I used a preset in Lightroom to change it a bit...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmm MIR 24 - very nice
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:

Wow, what bokeh! Is Rikenon 50/1.7 XR version with the same bokeh, or other optical formula?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
Here's one from my MIR 24 35mm f/2.0 at f/2.0 on a Canon 5D3 of some bunting at a festival last summer. I used a preset in Lightroom to change it a bit...

Bunting?

I have bunting!

(Leitz Elmaron 150mm f/2.Cool

I should crop out the first bunting really to satisfy the thread requirement...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landscape X:

Nikkor -O.C Auto 35mm f/2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ edri
I'm not up to speed in any way on the difference or similarities of optical formulas of the rikenons but am sure someone on here has the answer for you.
Here's another from this evening with the little rikenon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wow. I have not really been paying attention to Rikenon lenses, as some have that infamous Ricoh pin for Pentax DSLRs. After these images I need to reconsider my position and LBA priorities Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautifully done.
That is really something.
Well done lens and photographer
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, last one was stunning Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great thread, very interesting photos!

Ricoh GXR M + Pen-F Zuiko 1.4/40

( P.S: one or the other German member may remember a similar thread that I had made a few years ago in a German forum and the beating I had received for it. I am very happy to see the overwhelming positive reception and good participation here and now! )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuuan,Some people just don't get it and miss out on the creative fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right Mo, let's have fun!

Auto Takumar 1.8/55 ( late, all black version ) on Pentax K-x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ... mine is not as fantastic as the last two pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also delighted that there is a "bokeh only" community of photography enthusiasts who sees the picture differently, in a way that "to be sharp" does not matter. Many beautiful photos with its own character in this topic. Now I come into this world with a bus. Wink

On the other hand, this forum is toxic Smile for those suffering from LBA. Although I decided that I have enough 50's, right now I ordered a Rikenon 50/1.7 because of some pictures posted here.

Last edited by edri on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's threads like these that remind me how I really wish we had a simple 'like' button for each post. I know there's a Fartbook one but I'm not interested in that, it would be nice to simply 'like' posts Sad there's so many good posts here but it's hard to reply to every single one.
I'm sure this has been discussed before and I don't think this type of forum has the option, unless things have changed now..... Question

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
It's threads like these that remind me how I really wish we had a simple 'like' button for each post. I know there's a Fartbook one but I'm not interested in that, it would be nice to simply 'like' posts Sad there's so many good posts here but it's hard to reply to every single one.
I'm sure this has been discussed before and I don't think this type of forum has the option, unless things have changed now..... Question

You might use the 'No rate' button on the left of the 'Private' button. It will change to 'Rating: (with a star)'. See your message above.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a bit that's 'almost' in focus, Takumar 2/58 on Pentax K-x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those a very beautiful images Kuuan along with the others that have been posted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rikenon P pin is only,as far as I know found on the newer plastic lenses (for one of the later Ricoh cameras).The Auto Rikenons of the all metal variety are safe, no pin just a standard M42 mount.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the ones that write XR are no pin.