Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh comparison Samyang 135/2, Tair 11a 135/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Bokeh comparison Samyang 135/2, Tair 11a 135/2.8 Reply with quote

Some bokeh comparison, round 1:

the scene at f5.6, Samyang:

Tair at f5.6, i have a "strange" copy of the Tair, it s nice and sharp wide open, but looses contrast after f5.6, i did adapt it to get infinity focus on a Nikon body, but i don t think it s the cause, anyway:

then focused at around 1,5 m of distance from the same position (back to a wall), notice how "much" longer the Tair is, first the Samyang at f2:

Tair at f2.8:

not that much difference, in my opinon.

Samyang at f2.8:

Here the Tair is better i think.

Tair at f4:

Samyang at f4:

Tair at f5.6:

Samyang at f5.6:

Last edited by tomasg on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

round 2 at about 1,5 m

Samyang f2:

Tair f2.8:

Samyang f2.8:

At minimum focusing distance the Samyang has an advantage, 0,8 m against Tair s 1,2 m
Samyang f2 mfd:

Samyang f2.8 mfd:

Tair f2.8 at mfd:

as a comparison, Samyang 85 f1.4 at mfd:

and two more Sayangs that i like for their smooth bokeh, 35 f1.4 at mfd:

and my favourite Samyang, as strange it may look, the under rated 24 f1.4 at mfd:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tairs highlight bokeh is unbeatable Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the first pictures at f 5.6, I see a difference in the exposure. The Tair's one is overexposed which does not help regarding the lack of contrast that you mentionned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Indeed, those 20 or so oily blades rule :) Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Tairs highlight bokeh is unbeatable Very Happy

Yes when stopped down those 20 or so oily blades rule Smile