Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bloody darkroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Bloody darkroom Reply with quote

Not really a darkroom, just a back room I've been using to situate the Jobo unit on a bench.
I decided to install a sink at the far end of the bench, to enable better liquid handling - previously I'd been emptying everthing into a six gallon (27L) bucket and carrying it downstairs. Right pita that was.
First thing, measure up the space; find a usable sink, no problem (I've got several lying about from previous projects). Start cutting timber to support back end of sink, bang head on bracket supporting cold water tank, draw blood.
Notice the telephone cable coming in through the wall is in exactly the spot I wanted to mount the taps (buggerit). Look outside to see the telephone wire is running very high up and moving it would involve messing around at the top of a ladder. No chance. Leave it. Work around it.
Find another set of taps from an old kitchen - easy, got plenty of them. A old mixer tap will do, and I can mount a single tap on the wall for rinsing, etc if I need to.

Got the rudimentary frame built this evening and the sink's in place, not without banging my head on an overhead shelf and drawing more blood.
Tomorrow, or when I can be ar&ed, I'll finish it off with the actual plumbing - take a couple of hours and mind my head. I must shorten the shelf, as it was put up with no expectation of there ever being a sink there.

Oh, before the sink was in place I'd propped it up and the cat spotted the prop as a new place to rub up against. You can guess what happened next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I always have known cats are evil ... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the cat almost used one of its nine lives! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished it yesterday and all ready to process some films then found the Jobo motor wouldn't rotate - turned out to be a fuse that had died of old age.

Here it is actually working today, using my diy insert for 4x5 sheet film inside a Jobo 4531 drum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool...love construction and DIY stuff Very Happy I was thinking hard hat as well... Laughing
You have to love cats always inspecting what you do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a piano there also?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put spikes on the drum and add a player piano ...