Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Blast from the past - Canon 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Blast from the past - Canon 7 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a blast in the current, too : )

Mostly doesn't come bundled with that lens anymore and as such can be had for quite cheap. I got mine from a seller in Nippon, the selenium meter still works. I love the large, blue-tint rangefinder view and how this rather hefty thing feels in the hand. The shutter is a "snip". Am using a compact Color Skopar 35 2,5 with it. It's from -61 and I dare say it works mostly like new (the camera I mean).

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what? Canon 50/0.95 was a kit lens?!
Looking at Flickr shots, I was really impressed by this lens performance at 0.95 on modern 24Mp sensor.

Not sure, if there was a comparable somewhat portable MF 50/0.95 with short flange distance ever since.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: schneider Reply with quote

Not full frame, but covering MFT, focussing to infinity and about similar portability: Schneider 50mm 0,95 Cmount with the Cmt replaced with MFT mount . (Original mount causes vignetting by shadowing the big rear element). Possibly an industrial lens delivered in several mounts.

p.