Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Black and White Wedding Photography - Samyang 85mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Black and White Wedding Photography - Samyang 85mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Black and White Wedding Photography

Here are some shots I took with the Samyang 85mm f1.4 lens on the Nikon D800 when out in Russia recently

It was an unplanned knee jerk reaction shoot. I saw a couple getting married at our hotel and I had my camera so approached them and offered my services once the event photographer had left.

These black and white JPEGs were taken with ambient light only using the last of the daylight.

From Russia In Love by MatthewOsbornePhotography_, on Flickr

Russian Wedding Photography by MatthewOsbornePhotography_, on Flickr

Russian Wedding (2) by MatthewOsbornePhotography_, on Flickr

Wedding Photographer - Russia by MatthewOsbornePhotography_, on Flickr

I will do a Black and White Wedding Photography blog post with more samples soon.

For more info on why I enjoy B&W wedding photography over colour see here - http://www.matthewosbornephotography.co.uk/Wedding-Photographer.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Black and White Wedding Photography - Samyang 85mm f1.4 Reply with quote

MatthewOsbornePhotography wrote:

It was an unplanned knee jerk reaction shoot. I saw a couple getting married at our hotel and I had my camera so approached them and offered my services once the event photographer had left.

A great stroke of luck for them!

Wondeful images as always.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Black and White Wedding Photography - Samyang 85mm f1.4 Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
MatthewOsbornePhotography wrote:

It was an unplanned knee jerk reaction shoot. I saw a couple getting wedding photography Sydney at our hotel and I had my camera so approached them and offered my services once the event photographer had left.

A great stroke of luck for them!

Wondeful images as always.

Hello fuzzywuzzy,

anyone out there do weddings ? I need some help with dealing with the sun ...I've always had an overcast day and now i am sure I will get a wedding with full sun ....i need help on where to shoot with the sun ...against it or have it behind me ...then what if they squint
thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matthew,,

Quote:
I need some help with dealing with the sun

That should've been your response. No.2 is a beautiful shot, but the other 3 should've been binned (IMO). Rolling Eyes Cool