Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 75/1.5 aperture blade interchangable with 58/2?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Biotar 75/1.5 aperture blade interchangable with 58/2? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
Just purchased a detected Biotar 75/1.5 with aperture blade damaged and lost (7 out of 10 remaining). So just wondering if I can find some replacement blade from other lenses, Biotar 58/2 pop in my mind first which might be ok. Does anybody have both lenses and know the size of the aperture blades or know in which lens I can find such blade(definitely don't want to buy another 75/1.5 to save this one:D Actually according to the seller, this one was scarified to donate its blades to another one Surprised )?

Here is the pictures from the seller:

Thanks in advance!
Wei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure is not they barrel diameter is different.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am pretty sure is not they barrel diameter is different.

lol Yes, you are right.....So this might mean it will be very hard to find something perfectly fit. I think even with only 7 of them, there should not be very big effect on the IQ, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't fit, these are very special and extra thin. My mechanic had to take out one of one of my 1.5/75 Biotar when he serviced it. I have it for sale listed here (it is the rare slim type btw.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Doesn't fit, these are very special and extra thin. My mechanic had to take out one of one of my 1.5/75 Biotar when he serviced it. I have it for sale listed here (it is the rare slim type btw.)

Thanks for confirm this. Will see what the effect is without uneven blades......

And yours are 18 blades version, right? I think mine is 10 blades version. Don't know if there was any difference for blades between these two version.

Klaus, sorry had not seen your post before, or I might considering yours. Good luck for somebody take it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a series of card boards, with different wholes in center what is fit into your adapter ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Biotar is a decent wide-open shooter so why not use it this way for the time being? Then keep on the lookout for a well used, dinged and fungus-infested one where you can obtain the blades from. Just an idea...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I think the Biotar is a decent wide-open shooter so why not use it this way for the time being? Then keep on the lookout for a well used, dinged and fungus-infested one where you can obtain the blades from. Just an idea...

Agree that shoot wide open all the time does not hurt. What I may do for now is, try to straighten the blades I have and install them back. Then it can be wide open and also maybe have acceptable result when stop down Smile

I highly doubt when I can find a well used one Smile

By the way, the mount is Praktina, another issue need to be solved to be used on my camera Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

I highly doubt when I can find a well used one Smile

By the way, the mount is Praktina, another issue need to be solved to be used on my camera Smile

That would be a problem, yes. I'm facing the same: my 75mm Biotar (minty and working perfectly, knock on wood) has Exakta mount. I don't have a Canon but Pentax so there are not many options to fit it to my cameras.

I'm waiting for the first FF EVIL camera (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) with as short registration distance as possible. Then it does not matter if a lens has a Praktina or Exakta mount Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Exakta 1.5/75 Biotar works perfectly on my GH1!
G1 are very cheap now Peter after Pansonic discontinued them Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slim CZJ Biotar 1.5 7,5cm (75mm) red T on Lumix GH1, shot fully open, some at f4, but missing one blade:

looks really, really bad - right? Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, now you are teasing me again! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Yes, pretty "badddddd", lower the price and through it to me! Already temped want to have two of them......resist, resist!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter
why not have CS1 convert your lens to M42?
Robert does a brilliant job and for a reasonable cost.
Search the equiptment gallery for the one he did for member "my photography".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwsy711 wrote:
Very Happy
Yes, pretty "badddddd", lower the price and through it to me! Already temped want to have two of them......resist, resist!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy

By the way, my e-p1 is on the way to me. Maybe the only practical way now is use the praktina->EOS adapter and then use it on e-p1 for me. Will see if I can find some other ways.

Spotmatic: FF EVIL.....as the speed of the technology, maybe soon Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The praktina lens arrived yesterday, it had more haze than I thought( the seller said a little ), anyway good news is it only on front elements and cleanable.

Here is what it looked like:

Next to do is finding adapter and aperture blades which might fit the lens.

By the way does anyone know how to open and reach the inner aperture ring on this lens? Had no experience with preset lens aperture ring before.
Thanks,
Wei

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
slim CZJ Biotar 1.5 7,5cm (75mm) red T on Lumix GH1, shot fully open, some at f4, but missing one blade:
looks really, really bad - right? Wink Wink

yes,very bad!Very Happy Wink