Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 40mm f2 for robot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Biotar 40mm f2 for robot Reply with quote

Anyone with experience with this? I just bought a Robot IIA on a whim. Has this lens attached. Cost me 189 USD. Probably too much but it seems a quite rare lens. Plus I have always been intrigued by the robot cameras. I have been picking up a lens collection for my NEX 5n. Currently I am hoping for clear weather and time off to coincide. (It has been just awful here in the Willamette Valley, forest fire smoke so thick the air pollution monitoring agency has the air listed as"extremely dangerous". Just really nasty to be outside in it. Cleared up yesterday but I was stuck at work until after 7pm. I have picked up 3 nice Oly Pen F lenses (and a functioning camera) and one lens that needs some work. I now have the 100mm 3.5 the 40mm 1.4 and the 100-200 zoom. Unfortunately the lens I most wanted was the one in bad condition. It is the 20mm 3.5. It works OK as far as aperture and focus but it has either fungus or haze so bad that it won't form an image. Hopefully it will clean up OK. I got it in a lot with the zoom the 40 1.4 and the camera for 200 USD so I figured that was a decent trade off. Those pen f lenses are just little jewels of the optic arts!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a mini collection of ROBOT lenses that I shot on an NEX-6. Most of the ROBOT lenses were made by either Zeiss or Schneider-Kreuznach. Your lens was, of course, a Zeiss. I preferred the S-K lenses to Zeiss but they are close.

ROBOT cameras and lenses were all top quality, materials, workmanship and optics. ROBOTs were half frame cameras (until the last production years) so the lenses will vignette heavily on a full frame camera.

Taken with a Zeiss Tessar 30mm ROBOT lens & NEX-6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Looks really good!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Biotar robot 4cm/f2. I ordered custom adapter/ring to m39
here's my Sample