Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar 1,5 75 mm (EXA mount), back focus - Canon EOS 7D mk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Biotar 1,5 75 mm (EXA mount), back focus - Canon EOS 7D mk Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a problem with a Biotar 1,5 75 mm (EXA mount), installed on a Canon EOS 7D mk2.
I use an adapter with focus confirmation.
The problem is that i have back focus confirmation. I try to use AF Micro adjustment from Canon body, but it is not enough. I mean if i move the cursor from AF Microadjustment is at minimum value, the situation is improved, but still back focus.

What can i do to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

If needed, i can put some picture with Lens Calibration Tool with and without AF Microadjustment to see where the focus point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you even need that, I use that lens and focus manually, with no issues at all Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have Canon 7D II, Dr. Schmidt? lol

Some AF confirm chip have micro adjustment settings.

Maybe try another adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need the AF chip and focus confirmation?
I was not happy with those AF chips - but have only tested the simple ones. With an adjusted focussing screen that works with fast lenses I got much easier sharp images - with no additional focus and recompose problems (the lens may have a corvature of field).
Not sure if the focussing screens on the EOS 7D II could be changed easily?

Klaus, with mirrorless this is different from DSLR use. You really see what you get!
With the Canon liveview it would be the same, but from my experience with other Canon DSLR cameras is is not as simple and fast as with mirrorless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Theoretically, the chip installed on the adapter is programmed. But is a adapter from alieexpress and i cannot make any configuration. I follow the steps and it is not working. Maybe the chip is not working well. It wasn’t cheap (approx 23 usd) because is rare (exa mount). Maybe i will buy another one.

I still want to use the focus confirmation, because is faster...