Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bill's Trioplan 100mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Bill's Trioplan 100mm f2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one just like it, but in Exakta mount. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks in a lot better shape than I thought it would!
Thanks so much, Attila! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very special lens as we could sen on Maxim's photos. Not general purpose lens but good one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to try it for B&W portraits besides doing some nature shots in
color.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens perhaps more better looking than on pictures, no scratches ,no fungus , aperture and focusing smooth. I saw only one negative a 2mm wide dust ring around front lens edge. As usual this dust more worst in this type of lens, my copy is worst than this. I am sure this is not impact picture quality at all. Hopefully you will love it, if not I will buy back Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I don't foresee any chance of you buying it back, these are very
hard to come by in the states. Wink I have the m42 bottom cap, what
size is the front cap?

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I bought without caps. I will try to look suitable ones in my box.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice copy. Bill - I hope that you will be satisfied from results Smile Trioplan is a very specific lens - especially when wide open. Good for nature shots and portraits. Isn't good when someone want sharp and "neutral" lens. Size of front caps is ~51 mm, filter size - 49 mm.
BTW my Trioplan comes with both caps and original, factory box (still in good condition!)
Good night everybody Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Maxim, for the info!

Attila, no problem, I have caps. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm rather slack in the jaw! You guys are really quite a group of nice people. I didn't realize that Attila had "scoped" this lens for Bill, until I found the thread about it. That was extremely nice of you, Attila. In the spirit of that, please don't hesitate if you (or anyone else) need something from the U.S. that I might be able to purchase on your behalf.

The lens looks splendid. What a GREAT find! I'll be anxious to see some of the results, especially the "wide open" results that are always so singularly aesthetic from that particular glass formula.

Congratulations, Bill!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence, thank you for your kind words and I'm tickled to death to receive this lens! Very Happy Cool

I, too, have offered my services to both Atilla and Orio, and would like
to extend that to anyone else living outside the United States.

Looking forward to trying the lens in certain settings. Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Laurance! If I can help you please let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to snipe one now, with a good offer, but someone beat me Sad

I guess we should start to talk about these lenses only privately Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Maxim's fault he made these such a nice sample, before this nobody would buy it...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I guess you mean Click here to see on Ebay? Unfortunately I was also beaten! Sad

Last edited by PapadakosPanagiotis on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
So how many of us are bidding on or watching this one Click here to see on Ebay then?

Well it's very expensive at least for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapadakosPanagiotis wrote:
Orio wrote:

I guess you mean Click here to see on Ebay? Unfortunately I was also beaten! Sad

So you are mythos_greek?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Orio wrote:

So you are mythos_greek?

Yep! Stupid name! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? I absolutely love Greek mythology. It's one of my favourite things ever in life.

I learned reading all by myself on a child version of the Iliad and other myths when I was 5 years old, before going to school. I loved that book so very much that I obliged my mother to read it to me over and over again. After having heard it so many times, I learned it by heart, and one afternoon when my mother was not home I took the book to look at the images, and remembering the words of the book, I started to associate them to the printed words, and that's how I learned reading all by myself, on the Greek myths Smile When I entered school at 6, I was the only one who could already read Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Why? I absolutely love Greek mythology. It's one of my favourite things ever in life.

I learned reading all by myself on a child version of the Iliad and other myths when I was 5 years old, before going to school. I loved that book so very much that I obliged my mother to read it to me over and over again. After having heard it so many times, I learned it by heart, and one afternoon when my mother was not home I took the book to look at the images, and remembering the words of the book, I started to associate them to the printed words, and that's how I learned reading all by myself, on the Greek myths Smile When I entered school at 6, I was the only one who could already read Smile

So I hope you have visited us many times! Greece is a very nice place for taking photographs or at least it used to be before this summer's fires.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I hope you have visited us many times! Greece is a very nice place for taking photographs or at least it used to be before this summer's fires.

Unfortunately, I have never been there. And if I keep spending money on lenses, I never will Sad
This passion is killing my holidays Sad
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Unfortunately, I have never been there. And if I keep spending money on lenses, I never will Sad
This passion is killing my holidays Sad
-

Hope you'll make it! Very Happy (And leave some lenses for us!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
So how many of us are bidding on or watching this one Click here to see on Ebay then?

The current price is madness, and with days to go yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is collectible quality price high from this reason, don't worry this lens frequently show up and most of the times not many people want to take it. I bought mine two yrs before I knew Bill's copy in the shop , nobody would buy in the last one year. I believe you able to take a less good looking copy around $50.