Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bid on low feedback sellers!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Bid on low feedback sellers!! Reply with quote

Recently I took a chance with a 1 feedback seller.

I discovered something that I did not know before (maybe this is for the US only I'm not sure).
If you pay with paypal. Ebay and paypal hold the payment from the seller for 21days or until positive feedback is left by the buyer.

This is in effect like having an escrow service.
The best deals always are the auctions with low feedback number sellers (100% positive just not very many).
People are afraid to bid with those guys.

So the next time you see an item sold by a 0-10 FB seller.
Bid away if they take paypal.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hint, thanks for sharing Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this first hand, because I sell lenses once in a while (I don't always just BUY :-DDD ), and I still get my funds temporarily withheld.

I currently have over 60 positive feedbacks (100%), but I still get it, which means that they probably only use feedbacks "as a seller" to make that decision. I've only sold 4-5 items and most of my feedback scores are from purchases.

But what you say does make sense Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been afraid of doing that, at any rate if the seller is obviously a private owner selling items from his personal use (which are generally easy to spot by a individual description not stolen from ads and reviews, and more buying than selling activity), or a legitimate shop with a established real-world presence, as long as the item is not among the class of usually stolen merchandise.

I am wary of commercial online sellers with no feedback, as these usually have burned their reputation so badly under a former moniker that they just had to reestablish. On the other hand, the bad guys have ways and means to fake impressive amounts of feedback within a few weeks, so you'll rarely catch them in that larval state...