Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BEWARE: (ab)using the hype for Super Six lenses??!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: BEWARE: (ab)using the hype for Super Six lenses??!! Reply with quote

Dallmeyer Super-Six "Anstigmat" 2"/1.9 N.457315
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184456836022

and

Dallmeyer Super-six Rare Special Prototype
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114428602254

These are just old lens(es) from a night vision system, easily seen from

a) that aperture locking tab to close the aperture completely off, to protect the very sensitive amplification tube and

b) the glass color which is optimized for IR (infrared) wavelengths.

Usually has very low contrast and no sharp images with lots of CA (chromatic aberration) as not corrected for visible light.

Sorry for the bad news sellers, to destroy your $$$$ hopes... Wink

Cheers, KDS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of these fake lenses are decreasing over the years. I remember there were much better fakes lenses years ago. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joke is on you if that lens happens to fit an ENVIS mount, andI think it does, which is 30mmish its a $200-400 lens....... If I had an envis housing that needed a lens I would take a shot at em for $26. But my PVS 14 has a lens in it. I will pass these listings on to a few of my night vision buddies buddies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one isn't a military item, I have several British military lenses and they never have the manufacturer's name on them, they have military codes. Everything procured for the British military in the 50s, 60s, 70s and into the 80s had military codes on them, everything from electrical components like capacitors to cylinder heads for engines.

So not from a military night vision device, were there civilian night vision devices in the 50s or 60s?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one, I don't know, but the second one (second link) can be seen sometime on ukranian market. I have also 2 other similar lenses with such diaphragm. Clearly soviet military product from tank periscope. Very poor IQ, and sold for 5-10$.