Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best value APS-C sony E mount buy for legacy lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Best value APS-C sony E mount buy for legacy lenses Reply with quote

Hello gang.
I have a mini dilemma on my hands and need some help/input.

I have a canon 70D (aps-c 22MP) and many legacy lenses.
Recently I acquired a canon 0.95, Switar 1.8/50 and Ektar 1.9/50. I am ultimately getting a Sony A7ii or A7S, but for now budget is tight since I'm buying new car and other things.
I need to purchase a mirrorless camera as a go between, until I pull the trigger on a FF. I cannot just not use the lenses.
I am kind of looking for low light performance to compliment my Canon 70D which is great for low iso/high resolution, but not great for low light and doesn't take those lenses.
What is my best value for a camera body for purely legacy lenses, that will have decent low light performance?
I have been looking at the NEX-5n, but am worried about how old it is, but all the features seem there. I need focus peaking and touchscreen and good low ISO performance. The 5n seems to be out the 7 in high ISO performance.
Am I on the right track, or am I missing a better option out there?
Seems the 5n can be had for as little as $150, which seems like a great value.
Any help would be appreciated, as in soon getting the lenses back from CLA and would like to have a camera purchased when they arrive.
Edit:I can also get an a5000 with a lens for $200. Found online that ISO performance is similar.
Which one is better choice? :/
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEX-5R or wait until you can buy a FF.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the advantages of a 5r vs 5n? I get conflicting info whether 5n has touchscreen and focus peaking. Also, does the 5r have wifi and the 5n does not? 5n has distinctly better effective ISO performance...damn it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NEX5N has touchscreen and focus peaking. The 5T is a fairly minor update of the 5R, which in turn was an update of the 5N and before that the original NEX5. The only notable difference between the 5T and the 5R is the addition of NFC (Near Field Communication) technology. When it comes to high-ISO image noise, the NEX5R/T acquits itself well. Images up to ISO 800 are effectively noise-free. At ISO 1600 noise starts to become noticeable in darker areas, and at ISO 3200 the noise reduction system starts to lose fine detail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 16mp nex nex7 and a5000 are about same low light.
Just get a cheap one to play/try.