Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best money I've ever spent..Meyer Gorlitz lenses.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Best money I've ever spent..Meyer Gorlitz lenses. Reply with quote

Some of you may know- I ran across a good deal for some "exakta" lenses.
It was hard to tell what they were, but me and some of the forum members deduced that one of them is most likely a Trioplan.
It was a Craigslist post from New York, and I live in Lincoln, NE. In one of my greatest twist on my life, I was the first to contact the gentleman. In an even greater twist, it was a kind older gentleman that would agree to ship it to me. A few days later, when he received my money, (cash via USPS O_o) he called to say that a boatload of people have contacted him and offered him more money but that he is a man of his word and would ship it to me that day.
Well, I received the package today- I could not be more happy.

Meyer gorlitz 969126 Tele Megor 1:5.5 f=18cm
Meyer gorlitz 932853 Trioplan 1:2.8 f=10cm
Meyer gorlitz 967870 Tele Megor 1:5.5 f=15cm
Carl Zeiss Jena 2239519 Tessar 1:2,8 f=5cm
And a bunch of knick knacks.

The kicker is the cost...$45 dollars plus shipping.

All the lenses are in good condition. They all have heavy hazing which is to be expected, but are free of fungus or scratches and glass seems great otherwise. Mechanically they are great, except the focus on the Tessar is stiff- also somewhat expected.
I realize the Trioplan is the real prize Smile

Can anyone tell me more about the lenses and their value? As well as what the other things are?
Also, is that Tessar more valuable than the average one? It seems to have 15 blades and is preset...
Can't wait to get them cleaned, but I am going to do some test shots with trioplan regardless of the haze-check out that famous bokeh!

It was a good lens day...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to hear there are still some decent people, who stick to their word. I bet he's just happy knowing his treasured lenses are with someone who appreciates them. What a great set of lenses. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Tessar pre-set or just a manual lens? Either way they're not too collectible, it was the "kit lens" for the Exakta so they're very common. If it is pre-war like the other lenses then it is also an older formula than later preset and automatic tessars, not as sharp. A neat lens if you have an Exakta from the same era, but not particularly worth much. I've gotten a few + camera for less than $30. They were also an option when ordering Exas.

As for the others you can check completed sales on ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
It's nice to hear there are still some decent people, who stick to their word. I bet he's just happy knowing his treasured lenses are with someone who appreciates them. What a great set of lenses. Cool

You are absolutely right-I've had it happen before.
The whole time I did not think it would work out. I believe by the end he was privy that he has something, but something was telling me he wasn't hurting for the money. He also said my "enthusiasm and sincerity" made it impossible for him to go back on his word or ask for more

Wink
Of course I was enthusiastic!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Is the Tessar pre-set or just a manual lens? Either way they're not too collectible, it was the "kit lens" for the Exakta so they're very common. If it is pre-war like the other lenses then it is also an older formula than later preset and automatic tessars, not as sharp. A neat lens if you have an Exakta from the same era, but not particularly worth much. I've gotten a few + camera for less than $30. They were also an option when ordering Exas.

As for the others you can check completed sales on ebay.

It is pre-set and I believe 15 blades. Has hazing but few pictures I tried had rather nice background rendition..and yeah I imagine they are not worth that much since it's a Tessar after all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as the other stuff is concerned, did you want detail on the lenses or the additional pieces? what i see are two hoods, an adapter, a cap and a three filters.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great story! Send him some pictures once you've used them, he may be pleased to see them being used again rather than simply sold for profit Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell, that really rocks.

Have the very same Tele Megor and seek for 25cm one as well.

This is really something to collect.

Even the bag is awesome (but also very unpractical and lets say fungus-friendly). Already very worthy set, and will be REALLY expensive in the future I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks guys! Yes the hoods don't actually fit any of the lenses.

I am about to send the lenses for a cleaning and cannot wait to use them!
I've tried them, but too hazy right now-can't get full effect.

And yes, the case is pretty neat-haven't seen one before. Not in the best condition and yes, I had to clean it to make sure it's not a fungus fest, but all the lenses are free of fungus.
I wondered if the case will add value in the long run or if it's more valuable as s set or individually?
For now, they are not getting sold anytime soon-I have other lesser lenses that won't go up in value that I can sell!
I will upload some examples when i get the lenses back.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry, that was an absolute damn bargain and now you can literally afford the most expensive serviceman in the world, still a bargain

This great fairy-tale bag might have been sold for hundreds of $ on Ebay, if not thousand+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome bag Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow
That is some very fine collection you bought!
Congratulations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've been unbelievably lucky recently- just recently found a rokkor 1.2/58 for 185 in a kit then found another one yesterday for 100...also ran into an 8 element tak on a spotmatic and another cheap Carl zeiss ultron M42 1.8/50 on an icarex body.
It's raining crazy lens deals! I've even been trying to dampen my lens acquisition but can't let such deals go by the wayside..